Melbourne Children's Online Paediatric Seminar Series
The Paediatric Seminar Series is an online event which will be held over the 5 Thursday evenings in October. The series has been organized into clinical themes, and will run from 4:30 – 6pm on the 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th October 2020.
The series is designed to offer GPs, paediatricians, trainees, and other interested health professionals an update in a variety of areas in child and adolescent health. The series is run and co-ordinated by the Department of Paediatrics, The University of Melbourne.
Sessions - please see below for the complete program
- 1 October, 4:30 – 6pm, Paediatric urology
- 8 October, 4:30 – 6pm AEDT, Adolescent medicine
- 15 October, 4:30 - 6pm AEDT, Paediatric ENT
- 22 October, 4:30 – 6pm AEDT, Paediatric orthopaedics
- 29 October, 4:30 – 6pm AEDT, Genomics and genetic medicine (*this session will cover medicare item numbers for genetic testing and is targeted to paediatricians, although all are welcome to attend if this topic is of interest to you)
Tickets are now only available for individual sessions. The ticket will give you entry to the webinar, as well as access to the recordings afterwards. Please note webinar links will be sent to participants 48 hours before the commencement date of each session.
After midday on Tuesday 27th October, tickets for session 5 will no longer be available.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Recordings of each session will be made available to the ticket holders of that session.
- A $0.50 ticket fee, 2.5% processing fee and GST is in addition to the price of each ticket.
- Cancellation: If you need to discuss cancellation of your attendance, please contact the Organising Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org no less than 7 days prior to the session. Please note that only ticket holders will have access to the recordings.
- RACGP CPD and ACRRM points are pending approval. RACGP points can only be issued if you watch the session live.
- RACGP and ACRRM points have been confirmed for Sessions 1 -4 so far.
- To streamline registration and communication, you may only buy tickets for one attendee (i.e. yourself)
|Date and clinical theme||Topic 1||Topic 2||Topic 3|
|1st October: Paediatric
|Common referrals to paediatric urology - Kiarash Taghavi||Postnatal hydronephrosis monitoring and management - Juan Bortagaray||Urine sample collection from young children - Jonathan Kaufman|
|8th October: Adolescent medicine||Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder - Michelle Yeo||Chronic fatigue syndrome in adolescents - Collette Reveley||2 sessions only|
|15th October: Paediatric ENT||Noisy breathing in children - Damien Phillips||Head and Neck lumps and bumps. How to assess a child with a neck lump - Eric Levi||2 sessions only|
|22nd October: Paediatric orthopaedics||Common gait variants in childhood and the role of the Gait lab - Tandy Hastings-Ison||Scoliosis in children and adolescents - Michael Johnson||2 sessions only|
|29th October: Genomics and genetic testing||Consenting and counselling for genomic tests - Lisette Curnow||Genomic testing and new medicare item numbers - Sue White||2 sessions only|
Online event access details will be provided by the event organiser 48 hours before the commencement of each seminar session.