Youth Boys Open Athlete Assessment Trials 2020
U10 Youth Boys (born in 2010) – Monday, September 28
U11 Youth Boys (born in 2009) – Tuesday, September 29
U12 Youth Boys (born in 2008) – Wednesday, September 30
VENUE: Tramway Oval (opposite the SCG) - Driver Avenue, Moore Park, NSW 2021
TIME: 4.30pm - 7pm
Note: Payments can be made via Visa or Mastercard and incur a 2.5% service fee. American Express will incur an additional 1.1% surcharge.
- Registration is subject to capacity.
- Eligibility - players must reside in a Local Government Area aligned with the Sydney Swans to be eligible for selection in the QBE Sydney Swans Academy program.
- You will receive an email to confirm your registration, a copy of the terms and conditions, and details of what to wear and bring to the assessment trials.
- Refunds are NOT available (i.e., injury, illness, registration errors, change of mind, change of date and/or location, etc). Contact the Swans Academy directly if Covid-19 related.
- Please ensure you select the correct trial date that corresponds with your child's DOB. If your age group is sold out and you purchase tickets in another age group, this will not be refunded and you will be unable to attend the event.
Do I have to register and pay for the event online?
Yes, players must register and pay online using this website if they wish to participate in the event. Payments cannot be made over the phone or in person. Registrations close Monday 21 September (unless sold out earlier) and no further registrations will be taken after this date.
Do I need to reside in the Swans Academy zone to be selected?
Yes, only players who reside in the Swans Academy zone can be selected in the program. Academy zones in NSW are based on Local Government Areas. A list of LGAs aligned with the Swans Academy can be accessed here.
Are there minimum age requirements to enter the event?
Yes, only players born in 2008, 2009 and 2010 can participate in the event. Players not born in those years who register will NOT be eligible to participate and will NOT receive a refund.
I can't attend the trial date for the player's age group, can I trial on another date?
No, there are no opportunities for further trials in 2020 if you are unable to attend the scheduled date for the player's age group.
What are my parking/transport options for getting to and from the event?
There is two hours free parking in the Entertainment Quarter carpark, which is accessed via Lang Rd, Moore Park. Alternatively, there is limited metered parking along Driver Avenue.
The closest train station is Central and the closet bus stop is located near Sydney Boys High School along Anzac Parade. The new light rail has a stop adjacent to Tramway Oval (Moore Park Stop).
What do I need to bring to the event?
Players must wear a plain white t-shirt, black shorts, black socks and football boots to the event. Alternatively, a plain white long sleeve tee can be worn.
Players must bring: a water bottle, mouth guards are optional, ventolin (if required).
When do I find out if a player has been selected for the Academy program?
Players will receive a feedback report one month after the trials, which will state whether they have been selected for the 2021 Academy program.
Will the event go ahead in wet weather?
The event is unlikely to go ahead in wet weather. If the event is cancelled due to wet weather, an alternate trial date will be provided. There are no refunds available if the event is rescheduled due to wet weather and you are unable to attend the new trial date.