Redbacks Return to Training (Girls Sessions) Week 2
Warrandyte Basketball is pleased to announce the return to on-court training sessions. These 40 minute non-contact sessions will be different to what everyone is used to, but the changes are necessary to minimise risk and keep everyone safe. The training sessions will follow the format below and are in line with Basketball Victoria’s Return to Basketball Guidelines.
In order to create safer environments for everyone, strict protocols are in place. Parents, players, coaches and officials need to work together to help keep everyone healthy. By choosing to register, your family agree to strictly comply with Warrandyte Basketball’s COVIDSafe protocols and you accept all risks associated with electing to play basketball under the current COVID-19 conditions.
Protocols and Important Session Details (MUST READ)
- If your child is feeling unwell, please do not bring them to the session.
- If you have had close contact with a COVID-19 positive or suspected positive case, please do not bring your child to the session.
- Arrive at the stadium (Croydon Hills PS) no more than 10 minutes before the scheduled training start time for sign in.
- Entry to the stadium is via the front doors (normal entrance). Exit from the stadium is via the rear side door.
- No parents can enter the stadium or attend the session.
- Parents can drop their child off in the carpark or at the stadium front door.
- Each player over 12 years old must arrive and leave with a face mask on. Please ensure your child has a bag to put their mask in during the session. Players are welcome to wear the mask during the session if they choose.
- Each player must have their own ball and drink bottle (drink fountains not available).
- A BioSafety Officer (BSO) will be present at each session and is responsible for ensuring Return to Sport Guidelines are followed.
- Upon arrival, all players and other permitted patrons will be screened for entry, which includes recording of personal details (name, contact number) and temperature check via a contactless forehead thermometer. For permitted entry, a temperature check must be below 37.5 degrees. A result at 37.5 degrees or higher, will necessitate a second check 5 minutes later to determine entry. During the period between the first and second temperature check, the player will be asked to wait outside with their mask on. Entry to the session will not be permitted if a second check shows a temperature above 37.5 degrees and the parent will be contacted.
- Each person with a ball will be given a wipe to sanitise their own ball.
- Each person is required to sanitise their hands using the sanitiser provided.
- Players will be encouraged to maintain space around them where practical. For some training drills this may not always be possible.
- No hand shakes or high fives are permitted.
- Toilets are closed during the training session unless in the case of an emergency.
- Where a drill uses a shared ball, the ball and players hands will be sanitised when the drill is complete.
- All parents must be contactable during the training session on the number provided at the time of the booking in case we need to contact you.
- Follow all instructions of the designated BSO.
- A failure to comply with return to basketball protocols will result in corrective action and may lead to ejection from the stadium.
Croydon Hills Primary School