Rowville Sports Academy
Elite Coaching Camps - 2021
Rowville Sports Academy Elite Coaching Camps are an ideal opportunity for young athletes to access a level of coaching and training that they may never have been exposed to previously.
These coaching camps serve a dual purpose;
A fantastic opportunity for young athletes, upward of grade 5, to attend training sessions lead by some of Australia’s Elite Level Coaching Teams. Exposing these students to training methods, skills and drills sessions that are generally only available to elite, up and coming, young athletes. This gives these students the opportunity to develop their individual skill level and gain an insight into where improvements can be made in their training regime. Students who attend these sessions have the advantage of understanding the process and skill level that is required for the chance of selection to Rowville Sports Academy in the future.
- These sessions allow the Coaching Teams of RSA to observe and identify student athletes (Years 6 – 12) that could potentially be a good fit for the elite sporting programs run through the Rowville Sports Academy. Invitations may be extended to these identified students to enrol at Rowville Secondary College, Sports Academy for a midyear intake or the 2022 academic year.
- All participants that are seeking enrolment at Rowville sports Academy must submit a copy of their most recent full and comprehensive School Report and a copy of their Birth Certificate or Passport. This is a requirement as part of the eligibility requirements for enrolment in 2021 / 2022.
PLEASE FORWARD THESE DOCUMENTS (prior to your trial) via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Elite Coaching Camps are the “try-out” opportunity for students in Grade 6 seeking a Year 7, Rowville Sports Academy placement in 2022.
If you wish to book for more than one camp a discount can be applied; please email email@example.com
- Basketball, Football (Soccer), AFL, Netball and Volleyball - Rowville Secondary College - East Campus, Rowville Sports Precinct, 9 Humphreys Way, Rowville
- Cricket - Badminton & Cricket Connect - 22 Technology Circuit, Hallam
- Golf - Waverley Golf Club, 82 Bergins Road, Rowville OR Yarra Yarra Golf Club, 567 Warrigul Road, Bentleigh East (Applicants will be advised prior to trials)
- Tennis - Scoresby Tennis Centre - 752 Stud Road, Scoresby
- Badminton - Rowville Secondary College - West Campus - Gymnasium, Paratea Drive, Rowville
**Registration will be from 8.30am at the Rowville Secondary College sites and 8.45am for all other venues.
Please come dressed to participate in the sport of your choice - usually your club uniform or something similar is best.
For Football codes you will need your football boots and shin guards for Soccer (but also bring indoor sports shoes (non-marking sole), just in case).
For Netball, Volleyball and Basketball you will need non marking indoor shoes.
The Cricket camp will be an indoor event and participants should bring all of their cricket gear.
Tennis and Badminton players - please bring your racquet.
Please bring a clearly named water bottle for hydration.
If the weather is warm, please have a Hat and Sunscreen.
Lunch will be provided for most camps so please just bring along a water bottle and snacks. (Healthy options preferred)
Should you wish to know further information about the camp, please contact -
Nicole Mills - RSA Administration
WE LOOK FOWARD TO SEEING YOU AT THE ROWVILLE SPORTS ACADEMY
ELITE COACHING CAMPS