Open Weekend 2021 (CANCELLED)
Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 February 2021
11am – 5pm
FREE, BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL
TarraWarra Museum of Art's Open Weekend returns in 2021, with two days of free Museum entry, a major outdoor installation by Minna Gilligan and a free tote bag printmaking workshop with local artist Bronwyn Ward!
Book your free, timed entry tickets here. Tickets are required for each person in your group, including children. To reserve a place in a workshop, book your workshop ticket in addition to your Museum entry ticket.
> Six Flags, a site-specific outdoor installation by Melbourne-based artist Minna Gilligan, accompanied by a free zine publication. Drawing on the idea of flags as symbols of unity, strength and community, six full-height flagpoles flying large-scale, fabric flags will transform the Museum grounds.
> a FREE printmaking workshop with local artist Bronwyn Ward. Make monoprints of grass, twigs, ferns, fronds, and leaves on a tote bag that you can use and wear with pride! Daily 11am and 1pm sessions for children aged 5-16 years*, and 3pm session for adults (bookings essential). *All children must be supervised by a parent/guardian (parents/guardians do not need a workshop ticket but will be required to sign-in on the day).
> FREE entry to Looking Glass: Judy Watson and Yhonnie Scarce, an exhibition of works themed on the monumental elements of earth, water, fire and air by Aboriginal artists Judy Watson and Yhonnie Scarce.
> Plus, bring along a picnic to enjoy on our beautiful Museum grounds, grab a coffee from Oscar Vintage Coffee Van, or relax with a glass of wine from TarraWarra Estate. If you'd prefer to leave the catering to someone else, pre-book a table in the Restaurant or reserve a picnic hamper with TarraWarra Estate, bookings essential.
Open Weekend is a free, family-friendly event supported by Yarra Ranges Council. Bookings essential to manage capacity and keep our event COVIDSafe.
- Visitors must pre-book tickets; tickets are not available at the door.
- Please arrive at the Museum within 1 hour of the session time indicated on your ticket. You are welcome to stay as long as you wish once at the Museum.
- All visitors must provide their contact details in accordance with Government regulations relating to coronavirus contact tracing. Your information will be stored securely and destroyed after 28 days.
- Visitors are encouraged to wear a face mask inside the Museum, unless an exemption applies.
- If you're feeling unwell, have been overseas in the last 14 days, or have been instructed to quarantine by DHHS, please refrain from visiting.
- Open Weekend 2021 is a COVIDSafe event with safety measures including timed ticketing, capacity limits and increased cleaning regimes, as outlined in the Government’s roadmap to recovery.
TarraWarra Museum of Art
313 Healesville-Yarra Glen Rd
Healesville VIC 3777
Image: Minna Gilligan, Miss you Miss California Miss World Miss Universe 2020, acrylic and collage on found image, Courtesy the artist and Daine Singer.