The 2021 Hunter Defence Conference will focus on driving collaboration between Defence Primes, NSW regional SME’s, Academia and the Department of Defence. Key presentations at this year's conference will include the capability development staff from Army, Navy and Air Force Headquarters, Defence Primes articulating the support requirements they will have over the coming decade from regional SMEs as well as a policy outline from the office of the new Minister of Defence.
2021 Hunter Defence Conference Overview and Delegate Ticket Includes:
DAY ONE: SKILLING YOUR WORKFORCE TO BE DEFENCE -READY SYMPOSIUM
- 09:00: Registrations open
- 10:30 - 16:00: ‘Skilling Your Workforce to be Defence-Ready Symposium’, opened by the Hon Stuart Ayres, NSW Minister for Jobs, Investment Tourism and Western Sydney
- 18:00: Pre-dinner drinks and networking
- 19:30: Gala dinner - Keynote speaker the Hon Melissa Price, Minister for Defence Industry
Find out what skills are and will be in demand in the defence industry and how you can shape your workforce to take advantage of defence opportunities. Facilitated by RDA Hunter and Training Services NSW, current and future leaders from defence, the defence industry and education will explore ways to build the skilled workforce we need to deliver the Hunter’s contribution to the national capability challenge.
- Current and future workforce profiles
- Measuring needs and matching skills
- Regional collaboration and coordination
- Local solutions: Proactive readiness programs
- Demonstrating existing skilling programs and current capacity
- The experiences of SMEs in the supply chain who have successfully targeted or transitioned into defence contracting
DAY TWO: FORCE STRUCTURE UPDATE & INTEGRATED INVESTMENT PLAN OPPORTUNITIES
- 08:30 - 16:00 – Full day conference ‘Force Structure Update and Integrated Investment Plan Opportunities’, opened by the Hon Melissa Price, Minister for Defence Industry
Defence experts across air, land, maritime, cyber and space, including ministers and primes, will deliver updates on the defence industry and policy, and discuss upcoming investment opportunities and new contracting rules. The focus will be on Australian SMEs, as well as export and key contracting opportunities for the major defence primes.
The day will begin and end with networking opportunities and includes a pre-lunch capability roundtable Q&A.
Members of Hunter Defence
Full conference ticket (incl. gala dinner): $895.00
Single-day rate: $450.00
Gala dinner: $220.00
Members of Hunter Defence (eligible for member rate tickets) include members and employees of the following organisations: HunterNet | Hunter Business Chamber | Australian Industry Group (Ai Group) | Australian Industry Defence Network (AIDN) | Industry Capability Network NSW (ICN) | Hunter Defence Support Network | University of Newcastle | TAFE NSW | Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre | NSW Government | Newcastle Airport | Astra Aerolab
Full conference ticket (incl. gala dinner): $1,095.00
Single-day rate: $600.00
Gala dinner: $220.00
Spaces for the conference are limited due to current COVID restrictions, so be sure to get in quick!
The Hunter Defence Conference 2021 will contribute a percentage of the event proceeds to charities in support of local veterans.
* Conference tickets are non-refundable but delegates are transferable. Should COVID-19 event compliance requirements change significantly in the lead up to the event, the conference will most likely be postponed and tickets transferred to the new date. If attendees are no longer able to attend the newly proposed date, a refund will be offered (with an administration fee of $75).
THE HUNTER DEFENCE CONFERENCE 2021 IS A COVID-SAFE EVENT.
Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley
430 Wine Country Drive, Lovedale NSW 2325
With thanks to our Hunter Defence Conference 2021 Sponsors