Secondary Schools Days 2021 (CANCELLED)
Australia’s favourite regional meeting place of storytelling and ideas.
Byron Writers Festival invites your school to participate in our annual Secondary Schools Program – a full day of live conversations and panel discussions with some of the foremost writers and thinkers from the 2021 Festival.
Cost: $17 per student
How to Book
- Click the ‘Book Now’ button to reserve the number of tickets required for your school.
- After booking, you will have the opportunity to revise ticket numbers until 16 July. We urge you to determine your school’s numbers as soon as possible, as PLACES ALWAYS FILL UP FAST.
- You may pay the booking fee immediately, or you may opt to receive an invoice.
- After 16 July, we will send you an invoice if applicable. (Payment can be made via EFT, credit card or cheque to secure your students’ positions). Payment will also be accepted by credit card upon Festival entry. Our strong preference is that schools make payment in entirety BEFORE the event.
- Program is designed especially for students in years 7 - 12
- Gates open at 9am, sessions run from 10.30am – 2pm
- The Festival does not provide supervision
- Food and beverages will be available for purchase at the Festival site.
- Complimentary waterfilling station is available onsite, please ask students to bring along their own bottle
Staying COVID Safe at Primary Schools Days 2021
- Byron Writers Festival Schools Days will be operating under the NSW Public Health Order in place at the time of the event.
- Teachers will be responsible for keeping a list of all participating students and will be required to share this information with NSW Health should the need arise.
- Students experiencing flu-like symptoms should not attend.
- Venues may be operating at restricted capacity with social distancing measures in place.
- For the health & safety of all, signage & sanitising stations are set up throughout the venues.
- We ask that you adhere to all COVID guidelines while attending the event.
- View our COVID-Safe Conditions of Entry and full Ticketing Terms & Conditions here.
Supported by Southern Cross University