Expressions of Interest for:
Becoming an Effective and Ethical Supervisor - Foundations for Dietitians 2022 Dates
ABOUT REGISTERING YOUR INTEREST
BEFORE BOOKING! Please read ALL information contained on this page.
The next dates for 2022:
1. June 23rd - 24th & June 30th - July 1st 2022 9am - 1.30pm AEST THIS EVENT IS NOW FULL.
2. September 22-23rd & 29th - 30th 9am - 1.30pm AEST 2022.
Applicants will be provided with more details about the training after submitting an EOI. Please check the essential pre-requisites (scroll down) before regsitering your EOI. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ALL OF THE PRE-REQUISITES AND ARE ALREADY SUPERVISING PLEASE FOLLOW THROUGH WITH SUBMITTING AN EOI. I will get in touch and discuss with you.
If you are interested in attending in 2022 please complete a registration by clicking on the 'Book Now' button once you have read through this information. It is free to register an EOI and you will not be obliged to book in to the event when the official booking portal opens, but please only enter an EOI if you are serious about attending the training. Your EOI will place you on the list to be offered a place when the training is repeated. Final acceptance into the training requires completion of an intake form which you will be emailed once the next dates are finalised.
If you have questions I am here to help and my contact details are at the bottom of this page.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP SERIES
This workshops series aims to facilitate the development of APDs' provision of supervision service to APD supervisees in Australia. It is the first of its kind for Australian APDs. The overarching goal of this training is to support a culture of supervision in Australian Dietetics by helping to build a community of confident, professional and enthusiastic supervisors. The hope is this training will repeat a minimum of twice a year once established.
What will be the content of the training?
The content of the workshop series will cover the theoretical and practical essentials for the development of an ethical and effective supervision service. This is introductory, foundational training that aims to enhance the confidence and practical supervision skills of all participants, irrespective of supervision experience.
The supervision being taught in this workshop series is individual professional/clinical supervision. The workshop will not teach student supervision, managerial supervision or group supervision. The principal mode of supervisory practice focused on in the training will be reflective supervision however we will also cover the teaching, restorative and accountability tasks required in the delivery of effective supervision to practicing professionals.
What methods of learning will participants be engaged in?
The methods of learning will include small group discussions, case studies, experientials, reflective learning, videos and live demonstrations. All training methods will embody the skills and spirit of Motivational Interviewing. There will be an abundance of wisdom and practice based evidence amongst participants and the training is designed to pull that forward, affirm it and then build on it with dynamic learning opportunities and theoretical knowledge development. It will be a safe learning environment where attendees can have a go, make mistakes, triumph and find their own supervision style.
Who will be in the class?
Attendees will be APDs already delivering supervision who may (or may not) have had some supervision training or APDs preparing to become supervisors with no training at all. Class size will be capped at between 12-16.
What will the registration fee be?
$695.00 incl GST (payment upon final registration).
This fee includes:
- 1. pre-workshop learning module
- 2. optional assigned learning groups
- 3. experiential small group online training (16hrs over 4 part-day blocks)
- 4. workshop workbooks.
What are the Essential & Ideal Pre - Requisites for attending this course:
You are strongly encouraged to discuss your suitability to become a supervisor with your own supervisor before submitting an EOI.
- 1. Essential: Minimum 5 Years experience as an APD. Ideal: 10 or more
- 2. Essential: Minimum 2 years of receiving supervision as a supervisee. Ideal: 5 or more. **This does NOT include student supervision on placement or mentoring received on the APD Mentoring program.**
- 3. Essential: Completing Practice Pavestones workshop (or equivalent**): Understanding Professional Boundaries: Working Sustainably & Ethically with Clients in Contemporary Dietetic Practice . **The half day presentation I delivered for ANZAED in 2017 is not equivalent. Equivalent programs need to provide a minimum of 8hrs PD on this subject matter and be experiential in nature. To access information about the schedule for this workshop please go through to the website here. The workshop will be offered in 2022 to compliment the schedule of the SV Training.
- 4. Essential: A practical knowledge and ability to demonstrate solid reflective listening skills. Ideal: experiential training (not webinar or tutorial/lecture) in Motivational Interviewing or other client centred counselling skills. If you have not done this sort of training in the past it is highly likely you will feel the need to after attending the supervision workshop series.
PLEASE NOTE YOU WILL RECEIVE VITAL INFORMATION CONCERNING THE WORKSHOP TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS YOU USE WHEN YOU REGISTER YOUR INTEREST. PLEASE BE SURE TO REGISTER WITH AN EMAIL ADDRESS YOU ACCESS REGULARLY THAT CAN ALSO RECEIVE ATTACHMENTS. PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK YOU SPELL THE EMAIL ADDRESS ACCURATELY WHEN REGISTERING. THANKS!
TIMES FOR WORKSHOPS
2022 Dates TBC
Training always runs on two Thurs-Fri blocks one week apart 9am - 1.30pm AEST/AEDT
Online event access details will be provided by the event organiser