The Art of Receiving and Giving One Day Workshop
The Wheel of Consent® is like yoga for human relating, intimacy, and connection! Developed by Betty Martin, the Wheel of Consent® is a framework and practice that supports you to develop an inner compass to understand and navigate tricky and confusing interactions with others.
Have you ever:
- gone along with what someone else wants when you did not really want to?
- been confused about overstepping someone else boundaries?
- felt icky about the touch that was being done to you?
- felt obligated to give back when you have received?
- been unable to ask for what you really wanted and instead settled for less or went without?
The Wheel of Consent® clarifies all these scenarios and more and supports you to develop strong and consistent ways of interacting that feel good for everyone involved. Human interactions have the potential to contain wholehearted gifts and the Wheel of Consent® teaches you the art of receiving and giving those gifts without fear, guilt, resentment, or burn-out. The Wheel of Consent® can teach you to feel more empowered in your yes and no, increase awareness in your body around boundaries, wants, and limits, enhance effective communication, and increase agency in all interactions. Embodying the Wheel of Consent® is at the core of knowing it and walking away with this embedded in your nervous system is the most powerful way to apply it and transform your life. It all starts with you and your skin.
Whether you are looking for healing, learning, or improvement, this workshop offers a safe space to self-discover as a natural consequence of playing and experimenting with the activities on offer. Some activities are solo, some can be partnered, and some involve touch within specific parameters. There is NO nudity or sexual touch of any kind in this workshop. This is not a couple’s workshop but if you are in couple, thruple or more you are welcome to play together, or not, depending on what you decide between you. The content is non-gendered and the space is LGBTQ+ inclusive. There will be lots of options to engage with the material in a way that works for you with choice an inherent part of the work and encouraged at all times.
The Wheel of Consent® workshops are a vital part of learning the wheel. Dr Betty Martin who developed The Wheel of Consent® generously shares her work online through www.bettymartin.org and www.schoolofconsent.org. She says, “This is the body of work I have been developing over the last dozen years, which I call the Wheel of Consent. The videos are fine, the ideas are fine – but it’s the experience of it that will change you.”
When & Where
Sunday 17th October 2021 10am-5pm
HeART of Rest Loft, 22 Gwilliam Drive, Bibra Lake
$150 concession or grads from 6-week course
$300 for two people.
2 discounted places for support crew. $30 off selected ticket. Support crew responsible for lunch prep (participants bringing plate to share so prep is minimal) and kitchen management, and end of day venue tidy and clean. Contact Vanessa if interested - firstname.lastname@example.org
Places limited to 20 people.
Payment & Refund Policy
Payments include credit card through Trybooking system or direct transfer through online banking.
If paying with online banking, select the ticket type in trybooking and then use the promo/discount code BANK which will reduce the amount to pay to $0 and complete your registration. Then transfer the amount for the ticket you purchased to my account ASAP to secure your spot. Axis Mundi Coaching BSB 036-011 AC# 489846. Please put your full name in the reference field.
- Full payment is required by Friday 8th October.
- Cancellations made before Friday 8th October, will receive a full refund of monies paid.
- Cancellations made after Friday 8thth October but before 15th October will receive a refund minus a $50 cancellation fee.
- No refunds from 15th October.
- Cancellation fees may be waived under extenuating circumstances, please contact Vanessa to discuss.
- Please stay home if you are unwell. If you cannot attend due to illness you will receive a full credit for the amount paid to be used for a future workshop or session with me. In the event of a statewide lockdown due to covid prior to the event taking place we will attempt to reschedule, and you will have the option to rebook for the new dates or obtain a refund.
Please scan into the SafeWA app upon arrival and utilise the hand sanitiser where possible. Mask wearing is totally acceptable if you are concerned about your health or the health of others.
Heart of Rest, Loft
22 Gwilliam Drive, Bibra Lake WA 6163
0427 968 385
About your Facilitator
Vanessa K Vance
BCouns GradDipArtTherapy CSB