Yaitya Mingkamingka Purrutiapinthi
(Aboriginal Trauma Healing)
Monday 16th and Tuesday 17th November
KWY's Yaitya Mingkamingka Purrutiapinthi (Aboriginal Trauma Healing) training has been designed to assist you in building your capacity to work in trauma-informed, and culturally responsive ways with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We will be exploring trauma-informed and culturally responsive practice and how these approaches are applied together.
Participants who complete this training will :
- Gain an understanding of the guiding principles of culturally responsive practice and how this could be applied in your daily work
- Have a greater understanding of the guiding principles of trauma-informed/responsive practice and how this could be applied in culturally responsive ways in your roles.
- Having direct opportunities to explore what it looks likes in action and developing practical steps to utilise in your workplaces.
- Exploring our brain and the impact of stress
- Exploring intergenerational trauma and what is needed to respond