Increase your confidence and provide advanced intervention for families with alcohol and other drug issues
Working with families can be complex and challenging often due to multiple people and perspectives that are sometimes misaligned. This masterclass goes deeper into the Orford stress-strain-information-coping-support model drawing on elements of the Orford and Velleman 5-step model. Learn key ideas from family therapy, motivational interviewing and cognitive behaviour therapy on how to work more effectively with families and carers of people who use alcohol and other drugs.
- Understand models of family functioning and how that affects treatment
- Describe the stress-strain-information-coping-support model for working with families and how to use it in practice
- Establish collaboration and utilise it to improve outcomes for people in treatment and their families
- Implement effective responses to the challenges of working with families
- Know how to utilise families' wisdom and coping to achieve improved outcomes
Who should attend:
This is an advanced skills workshop suitable for experienced and advanced practitioners. We recommend you do our Working with families workshop before attending this workshop.
Facilitators: Paula Ross
Quotes from previous attendees:
Paula is a wealth of knowledge and is generous in sharing it!
Wednesday 7 December 2022 9:00 AM - Thursday 8 December 2022 4:30 PM (UTC+11)
Online event access details will be provided by the event organiser