QLD/NT State Chapter Christmas Function
Are you ready for 2022?
Join the QLD/NT State Chapter Committee for a night of celebration and festive cheer.
Don’t miss the opportunity to hear from an expert panel on what lies ahead in franchising for 2022, including:
- The Great Resignation – Dennis Midgley, Sales and Service Manager – SEEK Business will provide insights into the Great Resignation.
- Legal Update - Derek Sutherland – Partner, HWL Ebsworth & Chair, Legal Committee, FCA will give an update on the mandatory Franchise registration for the Franchise Disclosure Registry.
- Trends and Insights - Kelli Ponting – Managing Director, The Marketing Lab will forecast 2022 consumer trends
We will keep the formalities short, ensuring we have the time together to connect and share with your franchising peers.
This is a great event for Franchisors and Franchisees to:
- Network in a relaxed social setting and share some Christmas cheer
- Exchange experiences with like-minded franchising professionals
- Have some fun with franchising executives
We hope you can join us for finger food and a complimentary drink on arrival, plus festive cheer to celebrate the season and acknowledge the year that was.
About the Panellists
Dennis Midgley, Sales & Service Manager, SEEK Business
Dennis started his career at Vodafone managing their Retail Partners in QLD. For the past 7.5 years Dennis has been working for SEEK Business as the Sales & Operations Manager and is extremely passionate about giving the Australian population a chance to be their own boss, whether it be a franchise or a standalone business. Dennis is married, has two children and is very active within their sporting clubs.
Derek Sutherland, Partner, HWL Ebsworth Lawyers & Chair, FCA Legal Committee
Derek assists overseas master franchisors, franchisors, master franchisees and franchisees in all aspects of franchise law including due diligence and acting for parties in mergers and acquisitions, drafting code compliant franchise documentation, preparing trade practices compliance programs, issuing transaction documentation and providing strategic advice on compliance with the Franchising Code of Conduct and Competition and Consumer Act 2010. His industry recognition includes being listed in Best Lawyers™ Australia and Who’s Who Legal for his expertise in Franchise Law.
Kelli Ponting, Managing Director, The Marketing Lab
Kelli Ponting is the owner of The Marketing Lab, a full-service agency that specialises in franchise marketing. The Marketing Lab partners with franchisors to build our strategic marketing and powerful campaigns, but also works directly with franchisees helping to execute those activities at a local level. Kelli holds an MBA and post-grad qualifications in branding from Columbia University.
Date & Time
The Ship Inn
Corner of Sidon & Stanley Streets, South Brisbane QLD 4104
Members: $45 plus GST
Non-Members: $80 plus GST