2022 Postgraduate in Ego State Therapy III
3-5 August 2022
14h00 -21h30 AEST (Sydney Time)
15 CPD Hours
Postgraduate Intensive Training in Ego State Therapy III
- Therapy with Trauma Associated Ego States
In this third workshop Dr Hartman will mainly focus on ways of accessing dissociated, traumatized ego states, how to interview them and how to work with them therapeutically. Special emphasis will be placed on the role of a trusting therapeutic relationship and its importance in reengaging the ventral vagal system. Traumatized ego states are often beyond the threshold of conscious awareness and often need hypnotic activation. Dr Hartman will also demonstrate how immobilized clients and their ego states could be freed from their tonic immobility by using activation-, stimulation-, mobilization-, breathing- and pendulation techniques, thereby facilitating self-regulation, flow, wholeness and post-traumatic growth.
- To learn about the importance of co-regulation, safety and stabilization when working with traumatized ego states in the freeze or submit mode
- To learn how to activate immobilized and trauma-associated ego states and how to work with them clinically and therapeutically
- To learn more about the dynamics of trauma-associated ego states and how to address freeze and other immobilization responses with a bottom-up approach in order to resolve traumatic stress responses and to re-establish self-regulation
- How to use movement, stimulation and breathing techniques to bring trauma-associated ego states into flow again
- How to recreate self-regulation, re-balance, wholeness and flow in clients presenting with immobilization and trauma-associated ego states
Dr Woltemade Hartman PhD - Clinical & Educational Psychologist
Director Milton H. Erickson Institutes of South Africa. Board of Directors International Society of Hypnosis. Past President Elect Ego State Therapy International and Internationally recognised, accredited and awarded author, researcher, trainer, presenter and keynote speaker in Ericksonian Hypnosis and Ego State Therapy.
Carl (Callie) Hattingh