Smartphone Nature Photography
Join photographer Heidi Wolff for a creative and fun session that will get you moving and observing the world from a whole new perspective!
We'll cover photographic concepts and theories before putting your new skills into practice at Lartelare Reserve.
You'll leave this class with a new skill set that will enable your creativity to soar and take better photos with your smartphone.
What you will learn
- Basic photographic concepts, including: compostition, phone basics, working with natural light and taking pictures of nature.
- How to edit with your phone using the best free apps and achieve amazing images perfect for social networks.
What you will get
- 2 hours tuition with Heidi
- Handout on photographic tips
- Recommendations for free editing apps
Spotlight on Coastal Places locations: Lartelare Reserve is a beautiful park by the river. It is a space to explore, observe and reflect. Lartelare was designed as a place to tell local Aboriginal stories and to recognise the birthplace of Lartelare. Full of local native plants, it is a space that combines art, history, nature and play. Parking is available under the Hart Street Bridge, accessed from Wirra Drive.
What to bring
- A fully charged phone with lots of free space to shoot photos
- A pen and something to lean on to take notes
- Water and snacks
- Clothes appropriate for the weather (including hat and sunscreen)
- Comfortable walking shoes
Who is this class for?
This class is great for anyone who would like to learn about photography and how to get the most out of their phone while outdoors exploring, blogging or just appreciating the moments in everyday life.
No previous photography experience required.
This event is at adults. If children wish to attend, they will need to have a concession ticket, must be accompanied by a guardian and be appropriately supervised at all times.
By the river, and in the shade of the garden, we should be protected from the worst of the summer heat. We will postpone the event (to Sunday 13 February) if the weather forecast is over 36 DecC, or if covid restrictions prevent us from holding the January session, and will notify you of this via email and sms.
* We recognise that this has been a tough year and you are welcome to purchase a concession ticket if needed *
Please contact the Port Environment Centre if you have any mobility or access concerns.
Numbers are limited, so please let us know if you can no longer make it.
Please note that due to COVID restrictions the following will apply:
- numbers are limited and everyone MUST book to attend
- please check in on arrival
- participant groups are required to maintain social distancing of 1.5m
- masks are recommended if you are unable to physically distance
- please stay away if you are unwell
- there will be no shared food or drink - please BYO drink bottle and supplies
The Port Environment Centre is supported by Green Adelaide.
Please note that attendee information may be used for follow up evaluation, in order to assess the longer term impacts of our events. Follow up contact may be made (in the form of a survey) but participation in any evaluation is optional.
LOT 2021 Rennie Rd, Glanville SA 5015