Are you a beginning or early career teacher who is working with a student with a disability for the first time? We’re here to help! Come and join us for this 3 part webinar series where Rachel and Amanda will give you a crash course on supporting students with disabilities.
In this FREE 30 minute webinar you'll hear Rachel's top 3 tips:
- Remember that all behaviour is communication - it's critical that we remember that when students use behaviour that challenges us it's (usually) not personal. We have a really important role to play in helping identify what's being communicated and how the student can be supported. When it comes to behaviour - attitude is everything!
- Planning for transitions is super important - You spend so much time planning your lessons and activities but have you included plans for transition times? There’s research that suggests up to 25% of a school day is spent in transition so if you haven’t yet it’s time to start!
- Consider abstract vs concrete - For many students, particularly those with intellectual disability, abstract concepts and language can be really tricky to understand - think time, money, emotions. But how do we make these things more concrete?
The live event will be held at 7:30pm AEST Tuesday 8th February
A replay recording will be available for ONE WEEK following the live event.
A certificate of attendance will be provided.
To learn more about Illume Learning visit www.illumelearning.com.au
Terms and conditions
- A web link and unique access code will be provided to the attendee email entered upon registration 24 hours prior to the event. Illume Learning takes no responsibility for emails not received due to errors or typos. Attendees should contact email@example.com in the event a web link is not received 24 hours prior to commencement.
- Attendees registered between 24 hours and up to 1 hour before the live event will be emailed access details one hour before commencement.
- Registrations close firmly one hour before the live event commences.
- The replay will be available for one week following the live event, no extensions.