ROWVILLE SPORTS ACADEMY
ELITE COACHING CAMPS
ABOUT THE RSA ELITE COACHING CAMPS :
Rowville Sports Academy - Elite Coaching Camps are an ideal opportunity for young athletes to access a level of coaching and training that they may never have been exposed to previously.
These coaching camps serve a dual purpose;
A fantastic opportunity for young athletes, upward of grade 5, to attend training sessions lead by some of Australia’s Elite Level Coaching Teams. Exposing these students to training methods, skills and drills sessions that are generally only available to elite, up and coming, young athletes. This gives these students the opportunity to develop their individual skill-level and gain an insight into where improvements can be made in their training regime. Students who attend these sessions have the advantage of understanding the process and skill level that is required for the chance of selection to Rowville Sports Academy in the future.
- These sessions allow the Coaching Teams of RSA to observe and identify student athletes (Years 5 – 12) that could potentially be a good fit for the elite sporting programs run through the Rowville Sports Academy. Invitations may be extended to these identified students to enrol at Rowville Secondary College, Sports Academy for a midyear intake in 2022, for the 2023 academic year, and younger students seeking an enrolment for Year 7 in 2024.
- All participants that are seeking enrolment at Rowville Sports Academy(RSA) must submit copies of their last 2 end-of-year School Reports and a copy of their Birth Certificate or Passport. This is a requirement as part of the eligibility requirements for enrolment in 2022 / 2023.
PLEASE FORWARD THESE DOCUMENTS (prior to your trial) via email to:
The Elite Coaching Camps are the “try-out” opportunity for students in Grade 6 seeking a Year 7, Rowville Sports Academy placement in 2023.
If you wish to book for more than one camp a discount can be applied; please email the RSA Office prior to booking with a discount request
CAMP VENUES :
- Basketball, Football (Soccer), AFL, Netball and Volleyball - Rowville Secondary College - East Campus, Rowville Sports Precinct, 9 Humphreys Way, Rowville
- Cricket - Badminton & Cricket Connect - 22 Technology Circuit, Hallam
- Golf - Waverley Golf Club, 82 Bergins Road, Rowville OR Yarra Yarra Golf Club, 567 Warrigul Road, Bentleigh East (Applicants will be advised prior to trials)
- Tennis - Scoresby Tennis Centre - 752 Stud Road, Scoresby
**Registration will be from 8.30am at the Rowville Secondary College sites and 8.45am for all other venues.
WHAT TO WEAR & BRING ON THE DAY:
Please come dressed to participate in the sport of your choice - usually your club uniform or something similar is best.
- For Football and AFL you will need your football boots and shin guards for Soccer (but also bring indoor sports shoes (non-marking sole), just in case).
- For Netball, Volleyball and Basketball you will need non marking indoor shoes.
- The Cricket camp will be an indoor event and participants should bring all of their cricket gear.
- Tennis and Badminton players - please bring your racquet.
- Please bring a clearly named water bottle for hydration.
- If the weather is warm, please have a Hat and Sunscreen.
- Lunch will be provided for most camps so please just bring along a water bottle and snacks. (Healthy options preferred)
Should you wish to know further information about the camp, please contact -
Nicole Mills - RSA Administrator
WE LOOK FOWARD TO SEEING YOU AT THE ROWVILLE SPORTS ACADEMY,
ELITE COACHING CAMPS