ADOS 2 Training - 4 Day Workshop
Join us in completing supported self-training in the assessment of ASD using the Autism Diagnostic Observation System version 2 (ADOS-2) DVD training package (WPS) with the Child Development Team, Hunter New England Area Health Service & The Hummingbird Centre.
The Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule - Second Edition (ADOS-2) is a semi-structured, standardised assessment of communication, social interaction, play, and restricted and repetitive behaviours. By observing and coding these behaviours, clinicians can obtain information that informs diagnosis, intervention, treatment planning, and educational placement.
The ADOS-2 includes five modules, each requiring between 40-60 minutes to administer. The individual being evaluated is given only one module, selected on the basis of his or her expressive language level and chronological age:
- Toddler Module-for children between 12 and 30 months of age who do not consistently use phrase speech
- Module 1-for children 31 months and older who do not consistently use phrase speech
- Module 2-for children of any age who use phrase speech but are not verbally fluent
- Module 3-for verbally fluent children and young adolescents
- Module 4-for verbally fluent older adolescents and adults
The ADOS-2 requires formal and specific training. Administrators either need to attend formal ADOS-2 Training, or purchase the Training Package, which contains training videos on DVD and a Training Guidebook. The latter is what this training provides, supported by an experienced Clinical Psychologist, Stacey Hosking, from the Child Development Team, Hunter New England Area Health Service. The ADOS-2 DVD Training Package covers all 5 modules, featuring case examples for all modules.
The format of the 4 day training:
- DAY 1
- Introduction to Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), its holistic assessment and the ADOS-2 Assessment. Differential Diagnoses and updates on ASD will be discussed.
- DAY 2
- Watching the ADOS-2 DVD training series.
- DAY 3
- Practice the ADOS-2 items and practical live assessment practice with children.
- DAY 4
- Completion of the additional Toddler module (watching the DVD, and practice coding), with a live assessment demonstration with a toddler.
Day 1: Wednesday 25th May 2022
Day 2: Thursday 26th May
Day 3: Friday 27th May
Day 4: Saturday 28th May
Kahibah Sports Club
63 Kenibea Ave, Kahibah NSW