MURTOA 150TH ANNIVERSARY HERITAGE TRAIN TOUR
Sat & Sun 21st-22nd May, 2022
The Seymour Railway Heritage Centre invites you on a special air- conditioned heritage train composed of former 1937 Spirt of Progress carriages for a special weekend tour .
- An enjoyable weekend away to take in the Silo Art located on the branch line to Warracknabeal, a line normally only available to freight services.
- On Saturday 21 May the special train will take you to Murtoa arriving about 12.30pm where you disembark and take in the festivities for the 150 Anniversay event of the town of Murtoa. You are free to wander and enjoy what the locals have to offer.
- After that road coaches will take you to your pre booked Motel at Horsham where you can spend the time at your liesure and enjoy a local dinner.
- On Sunday 22 May the road coaches will pick you up at the Motel and take you back to Murtoa to join the special train departing at 8.00am to take you out on the branchline to Warracknabeal and Beulah where you can take in the surroundings. Beulah is where the highly successful Australian movie The Dry starring Eric Bana was filmed. On return to Murtoa at about 3.20pm, the train will then continue to Melbourne
- LUNCH ON SUNDAY . On the Booking FORM there is provision for you to nominate your preference for lunch at either Warracknabeal or Beulah and enjoy the local country hospitality. At Warracknabeal the charming Creekside Hotel can accomodate 120 persons for the traditional Hotel lunch or at Beulah the Country Womens Association has set up a special lunch which can accomodate up to 60 persons. The Meals are at your own expense and whilst you are under no obligation, we do need to have an idea how many people will be disembarking from the train for lunch at each location.
- SPECIAL NOTE: Accommodation is at an additonal cost which must be booked seperately by the customer for the Saturday night 21 May at Horsham at a Motel of your choice with road coaches provided to take you to and from Murtoa with direct pick up and drop off at your Motel.
- For your convenience Motel accommodation has been set aside for us and bookings can be placed direct through Hello World Travel at Horsham telephone (03) 5382 6699 or email email@example.com.
An early start from Seymour at 0635 on Saturday 21 May , stops at Broadmeadows at 07.50am, for Melbourne passengers ( not stopping at Southern Cross), stops at North Shore for Geelong passengers at 0900, Ararat at 1126 and then on to Murtoa arriving at 12.35, where passengers can enjoy local sightseeing and make their own arrangements for lunch Later Coaches will take passengers direct to their nominated Motel at Horsham.
On Saturday 21 May, once Melbourne passengers have vacated the train at Murtoa, local residents will board to enjoy a leisurely return train ride to Warracknabeal with special stops to view the Silo Art.
On the return journey on Sunday 22 May, the train will make a special stop at Southern Cross at about 8.30pm, and then continue on to Broadmeadows and Seymour.
Urgent Enquires - Phone: 0477 707 411