Winter Series Lecture: Tasmania is My Garden-Biophilic State
Exploring evolving concepts of the future - the reinventing of garden spaces as we move towards underground parks, vertical cities, rooftop honey pots, sky terraces and “gardens in the sky.'
Tom and Jane Tenniswood
Tom has a background in farming, Landcare, community development and business and Jane has a background in teaching, counselling, community development and business.
- Associate Members of Therapeutic Horticulture Australia
- Founding members of the Australian Garden Council
- Joint owners of Wind Song Bed & Breakfast which we established on our 220 hectare property. In February 2019 we gave half our property back to the Tasmanian Aboriginal people through the Tasmanian Aboriginal Land Council.
- Members of Blooming Tasmania from its inception in 2004 until 2019
- Members of Eastcoast Regional Development Organisation (ERD0) and founding members of The Village - a community space in Triabunna that promotes and develops solutions to living in the 21st century. www.triabunnavillage.com.au
Time / Date: 10:30 am on Monday 8th August 2022
The duration of the lecture is estimated to be 45 minutes, followed by light refreshments and the opportunity to purchase from the Government House gift shop. Doors will open approximately 15 minutes beforehand.
Parking will be available on site. Please drive through the main gates and follow the directions of staff.
Dress: Neat Casual
Cost: $35.00 per head (incl GST) (Please note that a TryBooking processing fee will also be applied upon checkout.)
PLEASE PRESENT YOUR TICKET(S) UPON ARRIVAL
All revenue from the tour and lecture programs is directed to the maintenance and preservation of the Government House Estate.
Government House Tasmania
7 Lower Domain Road, Queen's Domain, Hobart Tasmania 7000