General registrations open Monday 30th May
Illume Learning is thrilled to be bringing the incredible Dr Paula Kluth to Australia for this exclusive in-person East Coast tour.
"You're Going to Love this Kid! Supporting Autistic Students in Inclusive Schools
In this interactive workshop, participants will learn practical ways of supporting students on the spectrum in inclusive classrooms. Topics addressed include autistic voices, providing content-based communication supports, 'leaning in' to student fascinations, and creating community in the classroom.
This workshop includes video clips of positive practices, stories of success, collaborative activities, teacher-tested ideas, and research on autism and inclusion. Come for the professional development opportunities and stay for the microphone made of glitter, story about a heavy-metal IEP meeting, and whale-themed headpiece.
8:30 - 9:00 - Registration
9:00 - 10:30 - Communication & Curriculum
10:30 - 11:00 - Morning Tea
11:00 - 12:30 - 'Just Give Him the Whale' - Supporting Students with Special Interests
12:30 - 1:00 - Lunch
1:00 - 1:30 - Guest presenter - *announcement coming soon*
1:30 - 2:30 - Community in the Classroom: Social Supports for All
$339 per person
Tickets are strictly limited so register now to avoid disappointment!
DateMonday 12 September 2022 8:30 AM - 2:30 PM (UTC+10)
34 Esplanade, Cairns QLD 4870
Terms and conditions
- Where an invoice is requested, registrations are considered confirmed on submission of the booking form and the cancellation policy will apply.
- In the instance that the event is unable to go ahead in-person, arrangements will be made for an alternate date or for the event to proceed in a virtual format.
- For cancellations for any reason, including change of mind, the following terms apply:
- Cancellations must be made in writing to email@example.com.
- Cancellations made 15 days or more prior to the event will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
- Cancellations made 14 days or less prior to the event will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
- Refunds will not be offered in the event of non-attendance.