Trauma Informed Culturally Responsive
KWY's Trauma Informed Culturally Responsive training has been designed to assist you in building your capacity to work in trauma-informed, and culturally responsive ways with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We will be exploring trauma-informed and culturally responsive practice and how these approaches are applied together.
Participants who complete this training will :
- Gain an understanding of the guiding principles of culturally responsive practice and how this could be applied in your daily work
- Have a greater understanding of the guiding principles of trauma-informed/responsive practice and how this could be applied in culturally responsive ways in your roles.
- Having direct opportunities to explore what it looks likes in action and developing practical steps to utilise in your workplaces.
- Exploring our brain and the impact of stress
- Exploring intergenerational trauma and what is needed to respond