Women's Plant-focused Survival Weekend 15-16 Oct (SOLD OUT)
Mangrove Mountain - private address (details sent after ticket purchase)
This is a full weekend Course with plenty of information for everyone to help them to get started on their journey of safe and sustainable foraging and bushcraft skills.
Jake will be cramming in as much information as possible, so be prepared to take a lot of notes.
Women's Plant-based Survival - Weekend Course
Held at Ironbark Bushcamp in the picturesque rural town of Mangrove Mountain (approx 60 minutes from Sydney and Newcastle).
Jake Cassar has been described as an encyclopedia of bush knowledge, earning this reputation by living in the wilderness for extended periods and subsiding largely from only what he can sustainably and respectfully obtain from the bush.
When Jake isn't visiting family, he lives in his grass hut next to Ironbark Creek at Mangrove mountain and has done so for many years.
This is a full weekend course with plenty of information to help you get started on a journey of safe and sustainable foraging and bushcraft in a relaxed, social and inclusive environment.
Jake will be cramming in as much information as possible, SO BE PREPARED TO TAKE LOTS OF NOTES.
Jake Cassar Bushcraft (JCB) acknowledges the Tradional Custodians and Elders past, present and emerging. JCB strives to interact with the land and all its inhabitants with the utmost respect.
** COURSE DETAILS **
Learn how to use a wide variety of useful wild plants from one of Australia's most experienced teachers. While this is an introductory weekend course, it is arguably one of Australia's most comprehensive courses for edible and medicinal, native and introduced plants (weeds).
This interactive, upbeat and informative weekend with Jake is designed for you to:
- understand how to establish and maintain a mutually beneficial relationship with the land and all its inhabitants
- be educated and build confidence regarding edible and medicinal native and introduced plants
- tips on safe and sustainable foraging
- includes some basic self defence and martial arts
- tracking & survival skills
- preparation ideas and tasting wildfood
- sustainability & environmental awareness
- discover various bird calls and information regarding other wildlife in the area
- campfire stories, music and bushcraft related discussions
For those who have attended Jake's past courses, this weekend will offer even more in-depth educational teachings and the opportunity to spend more time learning around the campfire.
Each course differs according to the seasons, so for anyone that has attended a course previously, you will gain more information on the wild food and medicinal plants available in that particular season.
Suited to ethical omnivores, vegetarians and vegans and anyone wishing to learn more about medicinal & edible wild plants.
Please make sure you book in advance as these crash courses always sell out!
🌿 Start: Saturday 15 October 2022
🌿 Arrive: Saturday 9.45am sharp for a 10am start.
🌿 Finish: Approx 4pm, Sunday 16 October
🌿 Held at Ironbark Bushcamp at Mangrove Mountain (approx 60 minutes from Sydney and Newcastle) in a beautiful natural setting by Ironbark Creek
🌿 Meeting point: All directions will be sent from TryBooking.com after your ticket is purchased - please check your junk mail
🌿 Self Sufficient Camping: You will need to bring your own tent and all camping equipment (including food and water)
🌿 To bring: Warm / cool layers, walking shoes, sun hat, raincoat, bottle of water, notepad & pen and food. Please be prepared for all weather!
🌿 Food and drink: Bring all your food and water for the weekend. We will have a campfire to cook over if needed
🌿 Cost (for over 15+ only): $350pp for full weekend experience (We will also consider discounts for financial hardship or concessions - please get in touch).
** PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING TICKET: **
- Not suitable for kids. This event is only suitable for ages 15+ (we ask you kindly to please not bring young kids to this particular course)
- The location is not easily accessible by public transport. Coming by car is strongly reccomended
- Participants will be able to camp near or in their vehicles right next to the undercover (weatherproof) learning area.
- You will have access to campfire if you wish to cook (using your own campfire utensils)
- The hikes / walks are are not too far from the bushcamp and are suitable for all fitness levels
- The location is in a fairly remote area where there is no electricity, no amenities (pit toilets) and very limited phone reception. It would be worth letting friends and family know that you may not be contactable during that time (Jake can connect to a network if there is an emergency)
- We request that you please take all your own rubbish away with you
- No dogs or animals are permitted
All events go ahead rain, hail or shine!
IMPORTANT - Please be mindful of others and if you do have a cold or any flu like symptoms we ask that you do not attend the course.
* Cancellations. We are happy to fully refund your money if you cancel in advance, however, we do not offer refunds after the course has commenced. (However, if we need to cancel the event because of severe weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances we will let you know in advance and fully refund all paid tickets).
For more information please email Emma French: email@example.com
** More about Jake Cassar **
Jake has featured as a Bushcraft teacher, tracker and prepper on ABC's Prepping Australia, SBS, Triple J Hack, National Indigenous TV, the History Chanel and features in the upcoming 7 Mate series Goin Off Grid. Jake has been described as the Aussie Bear Grills by the Today Show and a Bush Tucker Guru by the Daily Telegraph.
Jake is an award winning conservationist known for playing a key role in protecting massive areas of culturally and ecologically sensitive bushland and defending sacred Aboriginal sites. Just by coming on Jake's courses you are directly supporting his self-funded community and environmental work.
While this course is focused on edible & medicinal wild plants, Jake will be sharing his knowledge of bush survival and tracking based on decades of his own personal experiences.
Jake Cassar Bushcraft (JCB) acknowledges Traditional Custodians and Elders past, present and emerging. JCB strives to interact with the land and all its inhabitants in a safe, sustainable and respectful way.
'In order to reactivate our innate connection to nature we must forge a real, tangible and mutually beneficial relationship with the land and all it's inhabitants' - Jake Cassar