Junior Music Festival Burwood
Instead of being divided into age groups, Junior Music Festivals are divided into sections by the grade/ability of the performer. This means that all participants have a chance to shine and even win prizes, even late beginners. Any recognised Exam board grading system is acceptable.
Trophy prizes are awarded in all sections, with all participants receiving a Certificate of Participation and a report from the adjudicator. Entrants must be aged under 16 years of age as at 31 July. They may enter for more than one venue. (See Terms and Conditions for further details.)
Church Street, Burwood NSW 2134
CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES: THURSDAY 13 OCTOBER, 2022
NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
- Entries are open to students of both MTA Members and non-members.
- Students must be 16 years or under at 31 July 2022. Proof of age may be requested.
- Students may enter each section once under each instrument (e.g. one entry playing piano, and another playing violin).
- Students may enter at more than one venue.
- A First Prize winner cannot compete in the same grade the following year.
- Students must provide their own accompaniment if needed.
From $19 - $33 per performance
All performers receive a Certificate of Participation and an Adjudicator's Report.
Teachers and accompanists: free entry
Due to the possibility of Covid restrictions on numbers permitted, audience members are advised to pre-purchase tickets prior to the event. Tickets at the door will only be available if space permits.