2022 WA Australian of the Year, Mr Paul Litherland returns to All Saints’ College to visit Junior School
While Paul Litherland has been visiting All Saints’ College for the past 11 years, this time he is returning to work specifically with our Year 5 and 6 students.
Paul will also be running a specifically targeted Junior School Parent Session, 6.00pm–7.30pm in the Centre for Performing Arts on Thursday, 1 September 2022.
While Paul will be speaking to Year 5 and 6 students, we recommend parents of students as young as Year 3 attend the parent session. This will ensure that parents are informed and can understand how to support their children as they engage online in the future.
If you have not yet heard Paul speak, you need to; he is both engaging and highly informative.
See below, some of the topics that Paul will cover in the Parent Session
- Frontline Knowledge – Paul’s experiences, insight and knowledge working at the coalface of juvenile internet use for the past 13 years.
- Digital Citizenship – Where our young people are going online, the Apps they are using and the information they are sharing.
- Online Footprint – How easy it is to find children online and what they can do to minimise their risk.
- Social Networking and Networking in general – How the systems work and how to overcome their reach.
- Online Gaming and Website Use – Risks and uses.
- Sexting and Sextortion – Trends, risks and up to date stats regarding this issue.
- Tips and Tricks – How to keep an eye on your children through software and hardware. Easy instructions on what we can do to keep them safe.
Need a babysitter? The P&F Society run a babysitting service that is staffed by current and former students. To learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org