Collaborative & Proactive Solutions Virtual Training with Dr Ross Greene
Collaborative and Proactive Solutions (CPS) is the evidence-based model Dr. Ross Greene describes in his influential books The Explosive Child, Lost at School, Lost & Found, and Raising Human Beings.
The CPS model has transformed thinking and practices in countless families, schools, inpatient psychiatric units, and residential and juvenile detention facilities throughout the world, and has been associated with dramatic reductions in adult-child conflict, concerning behaviours, disciplinary referrals, detentions, suspensions, restraints, and seclusions.
The model represents a significant departure from discipline-as-usual: it focuses on solving problems rather than on modifying behaviour, emphasises collaborative rather than unilateral solutions, encourages proactive rather than reactive intervention, de-emphasises diagnostic categories, and provides practical, research-based tools for assessment and intervention.
In these sessions, Dr. Greene will provide an overview of the CPS model, along with more advanced coverage of the nuances of assessment and engaging kids in solving the problems that affect their lives.
Choose to attend one or both courses with Dr Greene!
*Please note, all advertised dates and times reference Australian Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local time
COURSE ONE: CPS Introductory Course
A general overview of the CPS model, including key themes, use of assessment instrumentation, and solving problems collaboratively.
LIVE Thursday 3rd November 8am – 12pm AEST (includes 30min break) + one week replay on-demand
LIVE Thursday 10th November 8am – 12pm AEST (includes 30min break) + one week replay on-demand
COURSE TWO: CPS Advanced Course
Dive deeper into various facets of the CPS model. Includes extensive use of video examples and ample time for questions and discussion
LIVE Thursday 17th November 8am – 12pm AEST (includes 30min break) + one week replay on-demand
LIVE Thursday 1st December 8am – 12pm AEST (includes 30min break) + one week replay on-demand
About the courses
The courses, hosted by Illume Learning and presented by Dr Greene, will feature lecture, video demonstration, and Q & A.
At the conclusion of this training participants will be able to:
- Describe the five big shifts of the CPS model, including focusing on problems rather than behaviours, the advantages of collaborative (rather than unilateral) problem solving; and the importance and feasibility of proactive (rather than reactive) intervention.
- Identify the lagging skills and unsolved problems using the Assessment of Lagging Skills and Unsolved Problems(ALSUP).
- Describe the three basic mechanisms by which adults handle unsolved problems and unmet expectations in kids (Plans A, B, and C) and what is accomplished by each, and the three steps or “ingredients” of Plan B.
- Describe how to effectively implement Plan B to solve problems, teach skills, and reduce the frequency and intensity of challenging behaviour.
- Identify the strategies for dealing with the various structural factors in schools that may impede implementation of the CPS model.
- Describe and deal with the roadblocks commonly encountered in implementation with individual children and in families and systems.
Participants in this training will leave with an understanding of the underpinnings of the CPS model, its refinements over the past 8-10 years, and a range of practical assessment and intervention tools that can be used in your setting.
Who should attend?
Teachers, Principals and other School Leaders, Parents, Speech/Language Pathologists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Counselors, Paediatricians.
Which course should you do?
If you’re only interested in an introduction to the CPS model, just register for the Introductory Course.
If you’ve already attended an introductory training with Dr. Greene, you may just want to register for the Advanced Course.
If you love the CPS model and Dr Greene, or just want to know it all, register for both!
Your registration includes:
- 7 hours of professional development per course
- Access to the live event and a one week replay for each session
- Certificate of attendance
- Digital resource pack
Early bird - register by 16th September
Single course - $229
Both courses - $349
General - register from 17th September
Single course - $249
Both courses - $399
Group registration - book and pay for 10 or more attendees in one booking (any time)
Single course - $229
Both courses - $349
Book Bundles also available. Add a copy of three fantastic titles by Dr Greene (The Explosive Child, Lost & Found, Lost at School) at the time of booking to save! Free Australian shipping included on all orders.
Need an invoice?
Simply enter the code 'INVOICE' into the 'Gift/Promotional Code' section of your cart. No payment will be required and an invoice will be issued to the billing address provided within 2 working days. Where an invoice is requested, registrations are considered confirmed on submission of the booking form and the cancellation policy will apply.
Terms and Conditions
- All dates and times are provided in Australian Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local time.
- Access details will be provided by email 24 hours prior to course commencement.
- Access is provided to the registered attendee only and is not to be shared.
- Illume Learning takes no responsibility for emails not received due to errors or typos. Attendees should first check junk mail/spam folders and contact email@example.com in the event access details are not located.
- All sessions will be available on-demand for one week following the live sessions. No extensions will be available. Refunds will not be offered in the event of non-attendance.
- Cancellations must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations received before 5pm Monday 1st October 2022 (Registrations for Course 1 only or both courses) or 5pm Monday 14th November (Registrations for Course 2 only) will be entitled to a refund of the online event fee minus a $30 administration fee
- Cancellations received after the dates and times indicated above will not be eligible for a refund