Sexual Trauma 1st Aid Expanded - Hobart 1/12/22
**Please note. This training is the SAME as the SASS 4-hour Sexual Trauma 1st Aid workshop, with the addition of information about pornography, warning signs of domestic & family violence, bystander behaviour concepts, teaching children protective behaviours, information about child grooming & responding to the sharing of explicit images.
- SASS & What We Do
- Awareness Raising
- Ethical Consent Model & Tasmanian Consent Law
- Drivers of Sexual Harm
- Power Dynamics
- Pornography & Media
- Warning Signs of Domestic & Family Violence & Abuse
- Culture Change Concepts & Bystander Behaviour
- Child Sexual Abuse & Grooming
- Teaching Children Protective Behaviours
- Sexual Trauma & The Brain
- Responding to Disclosures of Sexual Harm
- Responding to the Sharing of Explicit Material
- Case Studies
- Grounding Interventions & Self Care
- Increased ability to connect survivor/victims with support services.
- Improved awareness of who/when/where/how sexual assault occurs in our community.
- Knowledge of sexual harm risk factors and how to address them.
- Ability to apply trauma informed practice principles to improve safety in the home and workplace.
- Insight into how to improve a survivor’s recovery experience.
- Acquire knowledge of barriers to reporting sexual harm and how to reduce those barriers.
- Skills on how to advocate for survivor/victims and support those who have experienced sexual harm.
COST (inclusive of GST):
- Early bird (until November 10th) $200 per person
- Group of 5 or more $200 per person
- Regular adult ticket $250 per person
Glenorchy District Football Club - Anfield Room
1A Anfield Street, Glenorchy Tasmania 7010
** Tea & coffee provided. We will have a 30-minute break for lunch. BYO lunch or shops are nearby to buy your lunch.