Mental Health First Aid Course for Business (SOLD OUT)
AboutMental Health First Aid is a best-in-class training course. The two-day program has been specifically designed for businesses and will be delivered in Port Douglas by Cairns-based Accredited Instructor, Mark Schmitt from Thrive In Work.
Businesses across the Douglas region are encouraged to nominate representatives to attend. If the training session is over-subscribed, additional sessions will be added.
Key topics covered include:
• Awareness of mental health and the difference between this and illness
• Understanding of the risk factors associated with mental illness
• Brief exploration of the mechanisms of mental illness
• Recognising the signs and symptoms of common illness of depression, anxiety, psychosis and substance use
• Practise how to have conversations around suicidality
• Learn conversation skills to talk about mental ill-health with someone experiencing symptoms
The course fee is covered through grant funding from Queensland Health.
DatesTuesday 6 December 2022 - Wednesday 7 December 2022 (UTC+10)
Port Douglas Community Hall
Corner of Mudlo St and Mowbray St, Port Douglas Qld 4877