Solo Vocal Audition Information
1. All auditionees will require the signature of a parent/guardian on their Audition Form as they are under 18 years of age.
2. Please arrive 10 minutes before your audition time to be fully prepared, have audition forms filled out and have your casting photo taken.
3. For your vocal auditions, you will need to perform one song that showcases your vocal range. It may be a musical theatre number or an 80s hit (please do not choose one from the show).
4. Songs need to be performed to backing tracks; acapella will not be allowed. A piano will be available in the audition room should it be needed. A Wi-Fi speaker and/or laptop will be provided for the playing of the backing track. Please ensure the track is easily accessible either on your own device or by USB.
5. As the Production team may not have time to hear your whole song, please prepare the best section of the song to make sure it shows off your best vocal range, i.e. If there are three verses in the song, maybe only prepare one verse, the chorus and bridge. The recommended time for a song is between 1:45 – 2:15 minutes.
6. During the audition there may be a vocal range check and auditionees may be asked to repeat a short phrase.
7. Please ensure that your backing track:
• Is in the correct key
• Has had the appropriate cuts/alterations already made
• Is available as a mp3 file on USB or accessible to a blue tooth speaker
TryBooking is an online system for organisations and community groups that has been designed to look after the entire event ticketing and registration needs.
All issues relating to the sale of tickets and the hosting of their associated event(s) are the responsibility of the “Event Organiser” and not that of TryBooking Pty Ltd (Australian Business Number 71126987915).
Please visit https://www.trybooking.com/info/customer-terms-and-conditions for our terms and conditions.