Youth Ministry Training Conference 2016
The Terms and Conditions set out below comprise a legally binding agreement (Agreement) between you and the Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney (CAS) on behalf of Catholic Youth Services (CYS).
By completing the registration and paying the registration fee, you accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
1. The Youth Ministry Training Conference 2016 (Event) is being organised and conducted by CYS, an agency of CAS, from 14 October 2016 to 16 October 2016 (inclusive).
2. Before registering for the Event, please ensure that you have read the Event program and description as set out on the Event website (at http://www.catholicyouthservices.org).
3. The Event is strictly limited to adults aged 16 years or above. By proceeding to register for the Event, you acknowledge that you are over 18 years of age. Those under 18 will be required to fill out a permission form after registration.
Registration and Payment
4. Bookings will be allocated through the Trybooking website.
5. Payment is required upon registration. Once registration is complete, you will receive a booking confirmation and a tax invoice. Please keep a copy of the tax invoice as proof of payment as receipts will not be issued.
6. A full refund minus a $50 administrative fee is available before 15 September 2016. From 16 September – 3 October 2016, a refund of 50% of the registration fee will be given. After 3 October 2016, refunds are not available. All refund requests must be in writing to CYS.
7. Failure to attend the Event will result in the full cost being incurred with no refund provided.
8. Any request for the transfer of registration must be made in writing to CYS by 7 October 2016 and include the full details of the person to whom the transfer is being requested for. The final decision regarding registration transfer is at the discretion of CYS. Registrations will close on 7 October.
Conference Program and Inclusions
9. CYS reserves the right to make changes to the published program including timings and/or speaker(s) if the advertised speaker(s) is unable to attend.
10. The registration fee includes quad share accommodation and food in accordance with the Event program as set out on the Event website. Any special dietary requirements must be expressed at the time of registration.
Consent to film and photograph
11. You consent to CAS filming and/or photographing you (Footage) for promotional and other purposes associated with the Event.
12. You consent to CAS and its nominees using the Footage and your name, voice, image and likeness for promotional, marketing or other purposes associated with the event.
13. You consent to CAS and its nominees without limitation using, reproducing, exhibiting, editing, adapting, compiling with other works or materials, transmitting, broadcasting, publishing and distributing the Footage in any media at its discretion.
14. You consent to being identified by your name and age when the Footage is used.
15. You acknowledge that CAS is not obliged to publish or otherwise use the Footage or any part of it.
16. You agree that any ownership of any form of intellectual property rights in the Footage and all works derived or created under it vest in the Trustees of the Roman Catholic Church for the Archdiocese of Sydney (Archdiocese Trustees) and that to the extent that any such intellectual property rights vest in you, you hereby assign, these rights to the Archdiocese Trustees.
17. You consent to any act or omission by the Archdiocese Trustees and CAS which may otherwise infringe your moral rights.
18. To the full extent permitted by law, you consent to the doing of anything in relation to the Footage that (but for the consents provided in this letter) would otherwise infringe any moral rights, performers’ rights or similar non-assignable personal rights that you might otherwise have including but not limited to publishing Footage without attribution and modifying/adapting the footage.
19. You agree to execute all documents and do all things required by the Archdiocese Trustees for the purpose of giving effect to the above requirements.
Termination and Limitation of Liability
20. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions may result in the termination of your registration or expulsion from the Event at the sole discretion of CAS at any time.
21. CAS, either directly or through CYS, reserves the right to terminate this Agreement at any time before the Event by refunding all fees paid by you to CAS in connection with the Event.
22. Registration and participation at the Event is at your own risk.
23. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you agree to adhere to all housekeeping rules, procedures and policies (including policies in relation to behaviour and conduct) that are in place at the Event or at premises or other venues in connection with the Event.
24. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you agree that you will not hold CAS, or any other entity on whose behalf CAS has entered into these Terms and Conditions liable for any:
loss, damage or injury to persons or property based on or in any manner arising out of or incidental to your participation at the Event;
theft of any goods, items, contents whether belonging to you or any other person; and
injury or death of any person
except to the extent that such loss, damage or injury is caused or contributed to by the negligence of CAS or any other entity on whose behalf CAS has entered into these Terms and Conditions.
25. The liability of CAS or any other entity on whose behalf CAS has entered into these Terms and Conditions is limited to the total value of the payments received by CAS from you.
26. CAS will not be responsible for any damage arising out of, and will not be in breach of this Agreement, if the Event is cancelled, suspended, or reduced due to failure of services or other force majeure events outside of CAS’ reasonable control.
TryBooking is an online system for organisations and community groups that has been designed to look after the entire event ticketing and registration needs.
All issues relating to the sale of tickets and the hosting of their associated event(s) are the responsibility of the “Event Organiser” and not that of TryBooking Pty Ltd (Australian Business Number 71126987915).
Please visit https://www.trybooking.com/info/customer-terms-and-conditions for our terms and conditions.