Social Support events are subsidised by Maroondah Council available to residents of Maroondah, aged over 50 years who would benefit from increased social and community connection.
Places for all events are limited and participants must register to attend. Bookings are made through TryBooking, refer to the link under the event you would like to attend. If you need help to make a booking please call 9294 5531 for a Maroondah staff member to assist.
Please note that details of the events may be subject to change and all efforts will be made to inform registered participants in advance. Some events will have minimum and maximum numbers of participants to proceed.
• All participants must be independent in meeting their own care and mobility needs. No personal care or supervision is provided by staff or volunteers.
• For all ticketed events participants must have booked to attend.
• All registrations must be completed within the specific dates offered for each event. Late registrations cannot be accepted. Council staff and volunteers cannot accept cash.
• To complete registration, all participants are required to agree to the medical and personal consent conditions detailed in the registration process.
• These events will run on time, therefore participants are required to allow enough time prior to event departure/commencement times to ensure they can attend as registered.
• No refunds are available.
• People who use mobility aids such as 4-wheel walkers or wheelchairs must register by telephone 9294 5531.
• Costs which may be incurred by participants include purchasing your payment for venue entry fee and own refreshments, if relevant. Prices for entry and meals are determined by external venues and can change without notice.
• Monthly Community Outings depart from the Croydon Library (Civic Square, Croydon) and upper entrance of Karralyka (adjacent to the Council office) between 8.30am to 10.30am on the day of each outing and return between 2.30pm and 4.30pm.
MEDICAL AND PERSONAL CONSENT
• I acknowledge that staff and volunteers have a duty of care in a medical emergency, such as a serious illness, or a fall, to ensure my safety. I consent for them to phone 000 ambulance to assess and/or treat me and for them to notify my nominated emergency contact. I also agree to pay any associated costs which may be incurred.
• I will attend the activity entirely at my own risk and will conduct myself in a safe and responsible manner to ensure my personal safety and comfort and that of others.
• I declare that I do not have any medical or physical condition that may prevent me from participating or made worse by the activity.
• The organisers take no responsibility for the loss of any personal belongings.
• I will follow any reasonable direction or advice by the organisers.
• I accept all risks associated with the activity for myself and release the program organisers / staff / agents from all claims, actions, suits and demands from loss or injury to me arising from my participation in this activity.
• I understand that if I am not present at the time specified for transport departure (where transport forms part of the event) that I am responsible to arrange my own transport home at my own expense.
I consent for the Maroondah City Council to take photographs, video, film or audio that capture my name, voice and/or image and use them in any of its publications, print or online, for promotional or educational/training purposes.
Maroondah City Council is committed to protecting your privacy as prescribed by the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 and the Health Records Act 2001. The information you provide on this form is being collected by Maroondah City Council for the strict purpose of conducting Council business. Your information will not be disclosed to any external party without your consent, unless Council is required to do so by law. Failure to provide the information requested may make you ineligible to receive the service or be part of an event/function that is the subject of this form. Any access to the information, amendments that may be required or any privacy enquiries may be directed to Council’s Privacy Officer and Health Records Officer on 9298 4211 or email - email@example.com
TryBooking is an online system for organisations and community groups that has been designed to look after the entire event ticketing and registration needs.
All issues relating to the sale of tickets and the hosting of their associated event(s) are the responsibility of the “Event Organiser” and not that of TryBooking Pty Ltd (Australian Business Number 71126987915).
Please visit https://www.trybooking.com/info/customer-terms-and-conditions for our terms and conditions.