The Picnic Train
Terms and Conditions of Booking & Travel
• Passengers are required to wear a face masks while on station platforms
• We recommend wearing face masks while seated and not eating or drinking
• Passengers are asked to remain in their allocated seats as far as pracical
• Passengers are required to follow all instructions from their carriage attendant
• Other conditions may be implemented on the day depending on current COVID-19 restrictions
• If the train is cancelled due to NSW Health restrictions, a full refund of the ticket price will be provided
• Booked tickets to be paid for in advance
• Each ticket holder will be allocated to a reserved seat
• Tickets are only issued on receipt of payment in full
• Bookings issued by TryBooking are inclusive of Credit Card Processing fees, however, American Express cards incur a 1.1% surcharge
• Each ticket issued by TryBooking incurs a $0.50 service fee
• Seating requests are welcome and where possible requests will be accommodated
• Unless specified your ticket does not include entry or transportation to other attractions
Cancellations made up to 14 days prior to the tour will receive a full refund less an administration fee of $20
Cancellation made less than 14 days before the trip will not receive any refund. All requests for refund must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event of the trip being cancelled all monies will be refunded, less the $0.50 TryBooking service fee. No other liability shall be incurred.
Due to the heritage nature of the train, it is not possible to board in a wheelchair or similar device. However, we will be pleased to convey disabled and mobility restricted passengers whenever possible provided they can move to their reserved seats with the help of an able-bodied carer. Regrettably, our volunteer staff are unable to assist in helping move such persons. The wheelchair or mobility device will need to be folded by the carer and either stored at the end of the carriage or in the guard’s van. Some platforms are shorter or lower than normal which may necessitate walking through several carriages. Motorised scooters, etc., are not able to be conveyed at any time.
Every effort is made to haul the train by the type of locomotive advertised, however we cannot guarantee that the advertised type of locomotive will be able to be used due to various operational constraints.
We reserve the right to substitute a different type of locomotive and no refund will apply.
The departure and arrival times shown in any advertisements are based on the best information available when a trip is first planned. These can change due to factors outside our control and we are not responsible for any amended journey times to and from the departure and arrival stations.
We reserve the right to remove from the train any person or persons who are considered to be using inappropriate behaviour or language affecting the safety of the train and its passengers, also impairing the enjoyment of other passengers on the train or refusing to comply with any reasonable requests made by a member of the train staff.
A ‘No Smoking’ policy will be in force for the safety and comfort of passengers and in accordance with Australian Law. This also includes ALL station platforms.
All personal property, luggage, cameras, etc., are the responsibility of the passenger and is carried at your own risk. We accept no responsibility for any loss or damage.
If you have any issues during your train trip, please bring it to the attention of the train management to enable an opportunity to rectify the situation.
All information regarding the this tour is offered in good faith based on information from outside parties and sources. Whilst we endeavour to run the trip to the proposed route and timetable and specified rolling stock, we reserve the right to alter these at any time and will not incur any liability to any person who has either purchased or contracted to buy a ticket as a result of any such changes.
The tickets for this tour are issued subject to the above conditions and your booking constitutes acceptance of these conditions.
TryBooking is an online system for organisations and community groups that has been designed to look after the entire event ticketing and registration needs.
All issues relating to the sale of tickets and the hosting of their associated event(s) are the responsibility of the “Event Organiser” and not that of TryBooking Pty Ltd (Australian Business Number 71126987915).
Please visit https://www.trybooking.com/info/customer-terms-and-conditions for our terms and conditions.