1. The 2022 Junior Music Festival is open to all instrumental or vocal students who are aged under 16 years at 31st July, 2022 Proof of age may be requested.
2. The Junior Music Festival is open to both students of members of the MTA of NSW Ltd and non-members.
3. Entrants may enter for ONE section only for each instrument (e.g. for one section in piano and for one section in strings). This condition does not apply to the Miriam Hyde Piano Award (e.g. Competitors may enter at their grade level and also enter the Miriam Hyde Piano Award). One entry fee must be paid for each section entered. Entrants may enter for more than one venue.
4. Entrants must perform a piece which is within the section limitations, i.e. Grade 1 or 2 piece to be played in the Elementary Section. Entrants are requested to name the composer and work to be performed on the entry form. If you are unsure of the grade of your chosen piece of music please supply a copy to the MTA office for verification. If a piece is judged by the adjudicator to be outside the section grades or over the specified time limit, the entrant may perform the piece, but will not be considered for an award. Duets are not permitted.
5. Entrants must not have passed an examination at a higher grade than the section entered.
6. Competitors for the Miriam Hyde Award must play a piece composed by Miriam Hyde and the time limit will be 5 minutes.
7. A First Prize winner cannot compete in the same grade in the following year.
8. All Sections will be offered on the condition that three or more competitors have entered.
9. Students must provide their own accompaniment if required.
10. Students are required to bring their own equipment, if required (i.e. backing track, microphone, speaker, etc.) and to bring someone to operate this equipment.
11. A copy of the entrant’s music must be provided for the adjudicator. Teachers please make your students aware of this condition and request your student to write their name and contestant number on the copy. The photocopied music will not be returned to the entrant. If a copy of the music is not provided, the entrant may perform the piece, but may not be considered for an award, at the discretion of the adjudicator.
12. All laws applying to the photocopying of music must be strictly observed. The Music Teachers’ Association of NSW accepts no responsibility for unauthorised copying of material by entrants and assumes that no copyright laws have been infringed.
13. All students are encouraged to dress appropriately for their performance.
14. Entries will be accepted via TryBooking. TryBooking links for each venue may be found on the MTA website.
15. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED. Programs will be sent by email approximately 1 week before the event.
16. In the event that the advertised adjudicator is unavailable, the MTA of NSW Ltd reserves the right to substitute an adjudicator.
17. Due to the possibility of Covid restrictions on numbers permitted, audience members are advised to pre-purchase tickets via TryBooking prior to the event. Tickets at the door will only be available if space permits.
18. Audience Entry Fees are $5 per adult, $3 child/concession.
19. Door entry, if space permits, will be accepted via card or EFTPOS. No cash will be accepted at the door.
20. Under no circumstances shall any teacher, member of the audience or contestant (unless acting in an official capacity), approach the adjudicator prior to or during the course of the event. Non-adherence to this rule will result in that person being requested to leave the event.
21. Intimidation of any entrant will not be tolerated and will be dealt with accordingly.
22. No person will be permitted access to the event whilst a performance is in progress.
23. No photographs, video recording or audio recording allowed during performances, however, photographs will be permitted during the presentation of awards and prizes.
24. Official photographs may be taken and used in publications and on social media by the organisers of the event. Please ask the parents of your students to advise the organisers on the day if they do not wish for their child to be photographed.
TryBooking is an online system for organisations and community groups that has been designed to look after the entire event ticketing and registration needs.
All issues relating to the sale of tickets and the hosting of their associated event(s) are the responsibility of the “Event Organiser” and not that of TryBooking Pty Ltd (Australian Business Number 71126987915).
Please visit https://www.trybooking.com/info/customer-terms-and-conditions for our terms and conditions.