Sunshine Function Centre Ticketing Terms and Conditions
Before proceeding with your purchase, please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. You must not purchase a ticket unless you agree with these Terms and Conditions.
References to “Sunshine Coast Function Centre (SCFC)” in these Terms and Conditions is to the ticketing agency wholly owned by the Caloundra RSL Services Club ABN 93 725 025 783.
1. By purchasing a ticket through SCFC (online, at reception or over the phone), you acknowledge and agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
2. Tickets are sold or issued by SCFC which are managing, producing, promoting, presenting or otherwise providing the service, event or performance for which the ticket is sold or issued (‘Presenter’). The name of the Presenter and/or the venue to which your ticket relates (‘Venue’) is usually shown on the front of the ticket but is also available from SCFC has no control over, or liability for, the performance of the event by the Presenter. All ticketing complaints and claims, and your legal rights, are as against the Presenter, not SCFC, except where you have a legal right against SCFC under the Australian Consumer Law or another law.
3. The Venue’s terms and conditions of entry are incorporated into these Terms and Conditions and apply to your ticket. The Venue’s terms and conditions of entry are available online or you can ask SCFC for a copy.
4. These Terms and Conditions incorporate the Live Performance Australia Code of Ticketing Practice – Consumer Code (‘LPA Code’), which sets out a code of conduct for the sale of tickets to live events including consumer rights. You can find the LPA Code here or you can ask SCFC for a copy.
5. Your ticket may be subject to additional booking terms, which will be notified to you prior to purchase. For example, if your ticket is to a timed ticketed exhibition, your ticket will only be valid for your nominated session time. To the extent that there is any inconsistency between the additional booking terms and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
6. Tickets are only valid if purchased through the Venue or associated Trybooking website.
7. Ticket sales may be limited to a specified number of tickets. SCFC may cancel or refuse to accept orders which it believes are placed in excess of any such limits.
8. Ticket proceeds are held in by Trybooking in a separate account and will be refunded if the event does not proceed, if required by the LPA Code.
9. Once confirmed, your ticket and any transaction fee will not be refunded or exchanged, except as provided for in these Terms and Conditions, in the LPA Code or as required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
10. Bookings are subject to availability.
Pricing and Payment
11. All prices are in Australian dollars and include GST if applicable. A tax invoice is available upon request to SCFC.
12. Prices are subject to change without notice.
13. A transaction fee may apply to your ticket purchase and you will be notified of the applicable fee prior to purchase. If we agree to exchange your ticket, an exchange fee may apply.
14. You warrant that you have the authority to make payment for your ticket and that you own/hold or have express permission of the owner/holder of the credit card or other payment facility used to purchase the ticket.
15. If the amount you pay for your ticket is incorrect (regardless of whether the error arose due to an advertising error online or otherwise communicated to you, human error or a technical malfunction), SCFC may cancel the ticket and refund to you the amount that you paid and may offer a replacement ticket to you at the correct price.
Delivery, Collection and Printing of Tickets
16. Delivery of tickets will only be made upon receipt of full payment. You may request delivery of your ticket by post, to self-print an e-ticket or to collect your ticket from the Venue’s Box Office. Postage and handling fees may apply.
17. If you elect to self-print an e-ticket, then:
a) in the event that a duplicate copy of this ticket appears, SCFC and the Venue reserves the right to request proof of identity and proof of purchase. Unauthorised duplicate ticket holders will be refused entry to the Venue; and
b) you are responsible for printing the ticket and SCFC and the Venue reserve the right to charge an administration fee if a replacement ticket needs to be issued.
Lost or Stolen Tickets
20. Where tickets are lost, stolen, misplaced or destroyed, SCFC may charge an administration fee to issue replacement tickets and may require proof of identity and purchase, prior to issuing a replacement ticket.
21. SCFC may not provide replacement tickets where:
a) tickets are for general admission rather than allocated seating; or
b) your request for a replacement ticket has not been received by SCFC within a reasonable time prior to the event.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
22. Attendance at the event and the right of admission is reserved by the Venue and the Presenter.
23. By attending an event, you agree to the Venue’s terms and conditions of entry.
24. The use of photographic or recording devices of any kind is not permitted, unless otherwise expressly permitted by the Venue. Bags and possessions may be inspected prior to admission.
25. You may be refused entry or required to leave the Venue if you do not comply with the Venue’s terms and conditions of entry. Tickets will not be exchanged or refunded in these circumstances, unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
Refunds, Exchanges, Cancellations and Changes
26. The Presenter may add, withdraw or substitute artists (including the opening act/s) or vary advertised programs, performance times, Venue, seating arrangements or audience capacity. Tickets will not be exchanged or refunded as a result of these changes, except as provided for in these Terms and Conditions, the LPA Code or as required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law). The SCFC always attempts to source the highest quality of entertainment. The SCFC takes no responsibility for refunds associated with the supplied entertainment and ticket holder satisfaction of the event.
27. If an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated and provided SCFC receives authorisation from the Presenter, SCFC will attempt to notify ticket holders of the cancellation, rescheduling or relocation. However, SCFC does not guarantee that ticket holders will be informed of such cancellation, rescheduling or relocation prior to the event.
28. You may be entitled at law or under the LPA Code to a refund or exchange where an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated. To the extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), neither SCFC nor the Presenter will reimburse you for auxiliary expenses (such as the cost of travel, car-parking, child-care and accommodation) or other consequential loss suffered by you in connection with your attendance or non-attendance at an event. SCFC recommends that you obtain ticket and/or travel insurance for those expenses.
29. Subject to clause 30, SCFC will provide a refund or exchange where you advise SCFC, within a 7 day period of time before the event, that you or any other members of your booking party:
a) are required to isolate or quarantine under laws aimed at reducing the spread of COVID-19 (and the event falls within the isolation/quarantine period);
b) exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g. fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose or loss of sense of smell)(‘COVID Symptoms’);
c) have been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting the results (and the event falls within the period of awaiting test results).
30. The refund or exchange provided under Clause 29:
a) will only apply in respect of the tickets for you and/or the booking party members who are affected by one or more of the circumstances set out in Clause 29;
b) will not apply in the case that the relevant circumstances were known to you and/or the relevant booking party members prior to the ticket purchase; and
c) will not apply in the case that you and/or any of the booking party members attend the Venue for the event and are refused entry, or asked to leave, on the basis that SCFC and/or the Venue reasonably forms the view that:
i. any of the circumstances set out in Clause 29 apply; or
ii. you or any of the other booking party members have failed to comply with any COVID-19 safety requirements or directions.
31. To the extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), neither SCFC nor the Presenter are liable to exchange or refund to you any amount beyond the face value of the ticket plus any transaction fee.
32. If SCFC reasonably forms the view that a ticket has been:
a) purchased with a stolen credit card;
b) sold in violation of Clause 34 (No Scalping or Other Unauthorised Sales); or
c) has been otherwise purchased or acquired fraudulently,
SCFC may cancel the ticket.
33. Where SCFC reasonably forms the view that the ticket was purchased with a stolen credit card, SCFC will take reasonable steps to refund the ticket price to that credit card unless it is unable to do so (for example, where the credit card has been cancelled).
34. The SCFC will provide a refund or exchange where you advise SCFC, within a 7 Day Period prior to the advertised date that you or any other members of your booking party are no longer able to attend the event.
35. If the SCFC is advised of requirement or request to cancel tickets, a refund will be provided in the form of a Caloundra RSL Cash Card to the value of the show ticket.
36. No refunds or exchanges will be payable after the advertised date of the show under any circumstances.
No Scalping or Other Unauthorised Sales
34. Tickets must not be resold or offered for resale at a premium or packaged, resold or otherwise offered for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes (including competitions) without SCFC prior written consent. If a ticket is sold or used in contravention of this condition, the ticket may be seized or cancelled without refund or exchange and the bearer of the ticket may be denied admission.
Children’s Events and Minors
35. Admission and attendance at events and festivals designed for children may be subject to additional conditions of sale and entry. These conditions will be published on the Caloundra RSL website and, if applicable, the Presenter’s dedicated website for the event.
36. School and other group tickets are subject to availability and additional conditions may apply.
37. All persons under 18 must be accompanied by an adult whilst at the Venue. This includes all bar areas and dining rooms where alcohol is served. Proof of age may be required by the Venue.
41. Merchandise will not be refunded or exchanged, unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
Promotions and Competitions
42. If you received your ticket as a prize, gift, donation or otherwise for no cost, these Terms and Conditions, and the terms and conditions of the relevant promotion or competition (‘Competition Terms’), apply to your use of the ticket.
43. Where additional elements were included in your prize package, such as hotel accommodation, merchandise or travel arrangements, such additional elements are subject to the Competition Terms and may be subject to additional terms and conditions of the provider of such additional elements (for example, an airline for travel arrangements).
44. Where accommodation and/or travel arrangements are included in your prize, SCFC recommends that you purchase comprehensive travel insurance.
44. By purchasing a ticket through SCFC, you consent to the collection, use, disclosure and handling of your personal information.
Voluntary Assumption of Risk
45. You enter the Venue at your own risk.
46. You understand that attendance at any event and/or the Venue may carry with it certain dangers, including the risk of injury and damage to you or your property.
47. By attending the event and/or the Venue, you accept the risk of damage and loss (including property damage, personal injury, economic and consequential loss) howsoever arising (including by negligence) at the Venue. This includes damage or loss caused by the acts or omissions of other ticketholders, visitors, guests, and the employees of the SCFC, Venue and the Presenter.
48. These Terms and Conditions may be varied at any time. Any variations become effective on the day immediately after their publication on the SCFC / Caloundra RSL website/s and apply to any purchases made after that date.
49. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it will be disregarded to the extent of its invalidity and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect.
50. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia.
TryBooking is an online system for organisations and community groups that has been designed to look after the entire event ticketing and registration needs.
All issues relating to the sale of tickets and the hosting of their associated event(s) are the responsibility of the “Event Organiser” and not that of TryBooking Pty Ltd (Australian Business Number 71126987915).
Please visit https://www.trybooking.com/info/customer-terms-and-conditions for our terms and conditions.