Dear Junior Member,
You are invited to consider joining a Competition Team for the upcoming WDTA Summer season. The competition start date is Saturday 8 / Sunday 9 October 2022 and concludes at the end of March 2023 (i.e. Term 1 of the school year). There are no matches during school and public holidays.
Please be aware that players who are selected in a club team are expected to play for the ENTIRE SEASON. Players attending a private school need to be aware of their school rules regarding school sport on Saturdays. So please consider carefully any commitment to apply for an East Malvern Saturday team.
Saturday home matches start at 8.15am and finish at 12.15pm (latest), Sunday matches start at 8.30am and finish by 12.30pm (latest). For away matches players meet at the EMTC courts around 7.30am for Saturdays and 7.45am for Sundays for the rostered parent to drive to the away venue.
If you wish to apply, you and your parents must complete this registration and pay the $45 registration fees plus compulsory Club Shirt - $30 (t-shirt) or $42 (polo), if you don’t already have one.
PLEASE NOTE that players MUST be financial members of EMTC to play and, this registration fee alone does not cover club membership. Registration forms will be sent to you separately by our Admin Office.
Requirements of Participating Juniors and their Parent:
1. Please consider very carefully your availability before committing yourself for nomination. You have a responsibility to yourself, your team and the club to play when rostered. Selection into future season teams will consider player and parent adherence to this commitment in this season.
2. Each parent needs to provide team transport on up to two occasions per season. The rostered parent driver/supervisor arranges for the teams’ safe and timely arrival at the away venue, stays for the morning and is expected to drop all players home after the conclusion of the away matches.
3. Parents need to be available to act as Venue Supervisor on 1-2 occasions per season, arriving at least ½ hour before matches are due to commence, and staying until all matches are completed.
4. Parents need to be prepared to act as Team Manager in the event that their child is chosen to captain the team for the season (roster preparation etc as per duties list).
Teams will be selected according to the best guides we have as to their order of merit. While we try, it is not always possible to arrange for friends to play on the same team. Wes Horskins from Futures Tennis and Head Coach at East Malvern Tennis Club, will assist with selection of teams. Similarly, we are not always able to place all players into a team. In this case application fees will be refunded.
Refunds will be given under the following conditions:
1. To any player not allocated to a team.
2. If you have a medical condition which prevents you from playing after teams have been submitted to WDTA (i.e. broken arm etc).
3. Club Shirts will be refunded if the shirt has not been worn and the tag is still attached, or we are unable to supply your size.
Please note: Refunds will not be given for 'change of mind' after teams are submitted to WDTA.
TryBooking is an online system for organisations and community groups that has been designed to look after the entire event ticketing and registration needs.
All issues relating to the sale of tickets and the hosting of their associated event(s) are the responsibility of the “Event Organiser” and not that of TryBooking Pty Ltd (Australian Business Number 71126987915).
Please visit https://www.trybooking.com/info/customer-terms-and-conditions for our terms and conditions.