Learn more about features and system basic.
The Donations function is a great way to raise additional funds for your charity.
This feature places an additional page in the booking process where you can set your appeal for a donation. Donation amounts can be defined or there is an option that will allow the patron to choose the amount they wish to donate. Using the donation screen will not affect the capacity on your event.
To accept donations, you must be registered as fundraiser with the applicable government body and you must comply with TryBooking's fundraising registration as requested.
Enabling the Donations
1. From Manage Events, select your event and then Donations.
2. Add your appeal message and logos.
3. Set if you wish to specify a Donor Specified amount, which will allow the customer to nominate the value they wish to donate or a list of donation amount that the customer can then select from.
4. Select enable donations.
A donation screen similar to below can be crafted with your own message and logos. This screen presents itself during the booking process after the tickets page.
When People Cannot Attend your Event, how to Allow Them to Make a Donations
If you would like to provide the option for those who can not attend to make a donation, you can do so without affecting the capacity of your event.
1. To do so you will need to add two sections for your event; one for 'Attending', and one for 'Not Attending'. You may wish to add a description to each section i.e. for Not Attending, 'I can't attend, but would like to make a donation'.
2. The next step is to add a new pricing group for the 'Not Attending' section via Pricing Groups. In this new 'Not Attending' pricing group, add a Ticket Type called 'Donation Only', a description "Please enter 1 in the quantity field" and set the amount to zero.
3. From Pricing Schema, link the non attending section to the non attending pricing group.
4. Via make a booking, do check your work.