Learn more about features and system basic.
The Event Homepage is the first page your patrons see when they use TryBooking to book. You can add branding, logos, images, text, fonts, colours, maps and hyperlinks to this page to communicate all the messages to your patrons and the information they need.
Images can be added to your page in several different places These include the banner (hero image) which is your main full width image. The background image, which sits behind your page as a wallpaper and branding opportunity. The thumbnail search image is displayed on our search page when a user types your event name of keywords into the search page. Finally, extra images can be added to promote sponsors or other information at the bottom of the page. All images should be added via the images tab of the editor.
To ensure your pages look great, we recommend you add images with the following dimensions and file sizes.
Hero image - 400kb, max width 890 pixels.
Background image - 2.5MB, max size 3000 x 3000 pixels.
Extra image - 200kb, max size 290 x 160 pixels.
Thumbnail / search image - 200kb, max size 150 x 150 pixels.
Using [TAGS] on the design page will ensure your page updates automatically if the contents of these fields update. On the toolbar of your event homepage, you will find a list of possible tags which can be used. Just make sure you enter them in CAPITALS and with square brackets [ ] around each. Once added to your design page and saved, you can review how they will look by clicking on the preview tab.
Final page review:
Setup a Homepage Template (see Configuration) which merges your new event information onto a stylised page automatically.
Your Event Homepage can always be modified after your event is created or starts to sell. It can be located from Manage Events and selecting your event.
The toolbar allows you to insert images, add tables, link and change fonts and colours.
- When copying text in, as this is a web page and uses HTML, if you copy text from word do so via a text editor to remove any formatting.
- Add text and images to a table to help with alignment and positioning on the page, make sure your table is 100% width to ensure it stays mobile responsive.
- Not all fonts are suitable on web pages, so we recommend you stay with the standard ones TryBooking has.
- Use the HTML tab if you have code you wish to paste in.
- Review your final work via clicking the preview tab OR via Make a Booking.