Learn more about features and system basic.
Overview of Promotional Codes
Promotion / Discounts can be used for a variety of incentives, such as early bird, promotions, special promotions to a group, and cash type payments.
We encourage you, whilst your patrons are transitioning to online booking, to use promotional codes for handling cash and cheque type payments. This way you have one set of reports for all your bookings, no matter how they occur.
After your event is over, consider adding your Door Sales using a promotional code. This way you have a complete historical view of the event including total revenue. Remember, there is no cost for processing cash / cheque payments in this manner.
Each event can have unique promotional codes. Setting up and managing promotional codes can be found under Pricing Groups within each event, accessed via Manage Events.
Promotional codes can be used for a wide variety of uses such as:
- Processing cash and cheque type payments (offline payments)
- Processing say boarders payments to be later invoiced to their account
- Allow staff to self help or issue Staff & VIP tickets
- Tracking special offers
- Processing items to be later on invoice
- Phone sales to be picked up at the door
- Special group rates
- Member specials not for public knowledge
Promotional codes that are not disclosed to the public are useful for internal use for accounting on sales orders and special promotions.
Reporting on which code has been used is simple, please consider the Promotions (Discounts) or Export Data reports.