Learn more about features and system basic.
Ticket purchasers will request refunds for a variety of reasons and these requests will be made by phone and email. It is important to have clear terms and conditions and ensure that refunds are completed promptly if they are required.
For more information on how ticket purchasers will request refunds click here.
How to complete a refund:
As the event organiser, it's important to process all refund via TryBooking so that there is a clear audit trail on the payment and refunds being issued.
As the event organiser, you will have the ability to process:
- Refund a booking in full
- Partially refunding a booking or ticket
- Voiding a ticket without providing a refund
If your event is free, consider allowing people to notify you that they can no longer attend by using TryBooking's hand back free tickets.
Tips to keep in mind when issuing refunds:
- To issue a refund, you must have enough credit in your TryBooking account to cover the refunds. We strongly suggest that you leave some funds in your account in case refunds are required.
- It can take 3-5 business days for the funds to appear back on the customer's card, just like a purchase.
- Only the cost of the tickets will be refunded. The booking fee is not refunded and will be charged again if your patron needs to repurchase. This is stated in our terms and conditions that the customer agrees to at the time of booking.
Once the refund has been processed, you will not be able to reverse the refund. Please make sure you have selected the correct booking and tickets before you confirm the refund.