Learn more about features and system basic.
Creating Interactive Seating Plans
If you plan to use a seating plan more than once, we recommend you create it as a Venue Template (see Configuration). This ensures you create it once, check it and then it's ready for use each time you create.
When you created your event, you may have selected a seating plan or told TryBooking how many rows and seats you required. This plan can now be found in Seat / Space on your event. If the plan is completely wrong and you wish to commence again, go to sections and add a new section making sure you select Seat. Once created, you can remove the original incorrect section.
From Seat / Space you can:
- Edit your seating plan adding or deleting rows and seats (via the buttons)
- Add in aisles or walkways (via selecting Mark Seat as Space with No Number)
- Remove seats in a row and keep your numbers in sequence on available seats (via selecting Mark Seat as Space with No Number)
- Remove seats and have the seat numbers jump in numbering sequence (via selecting Mark Seats as Space with Number)
- Add rows so that row starts with a number greater than zero (via adding a row and defining the seats in that row and what number it starts from)
- Hide seats where seats may jump numbers without leaving a space
- Mark wheelchair accessible seating
- Change row names
- Reserve seats (if your on the event)
If your plan has aisles or walks, add in additional rows or seats to allow you to mark these seats as say Space with No Number, to allow for the aisle.
If your venue has different levels or has a balcony where you seats are at 90' to the stalls or your venue is a theatre in the round, you may be better to create your interactive seating plan as sections and add a header to illustrate the overall venue layout.
TIP: Check with our support team on email@example.com before you create as we may already have that plan that we'd be happy to share with you (at no cost).
It's important with large venues to ensure you add in Door Numbers.