Learn more about features and system basic.
How to Create a Basic Event
It's easy to get going and set up the basics of your event. Before you start, make sure you have the following information at hand:
- Name, description and contact person.
- Venue name and address.
- Date of your event.
- When you wish to open and close sales.
- Ticket prices and how many people you can take.
This is enough of a platform to get you started, however, if you don't have enough information it's easy to update it at any stage. You can add additional dates, terms and conditions, early bird rates, data collection, limits and reserve seats.
Let's get started by following these steps.
1. Create an account and then login. If you don't already have a TryBooking account, click on Create an Account.
2. Before you commence, check you have all the basic details of your event on hand. If you need a seating plan (theatre style seating) and you intend to use the same venue again, it's preferable to set this up as a venue template - which must be completed prior to create your event. If you're having trouble, contact us and we can guide you on creating a fresh plan.
3. Click on Create an Event which will guide you through our process, asking for the basics of your event. You can modify, change or add to your event at any stage, once it is created. At the end of creating your event you will receive a unique URL. Please use this unique URL on social media, websites, posters, emails, newsletters. It's preferable to provide people with your specific event details via a direct link, rather than referring people to TryBooking to search for your event. We have sample buttons that you can link to in order to increase the visability on your events and communication which you can use to introduce TryBooking to your community.
TIP: Don't walk away or get distracted whilst creating your event to avoid being timed out and needing to start again.
4. Great, your event is created and it's now time to add the finishing touches and the following items. Your event will be found under Manage Events.
- Event homepage
- Session Times
- Adding early bird / group / capacities to tickets
- Promotional codes
- Data Collection
- Reserving Seats
- Adding Headers
- Providing Producers Access
- Adding Terms and Conditions
5. Once you're finished, please click on Make a Booking to check your work. You only need to go as far as the shopping cart before exiting.
TIP: Always take 2 tickets to double check your Data Collection questions are building correctly and are clear.
Well done, you're now ready to publish your event. Good luck!