Learn more about features and system basic.
You have 2 options for ticketing groups of people.
Family or Tabled Groups:
To ensure that your capacity or seating allocation is updated correctly, it's important to state how many places / seats will taken away when a family ticket is booked. If your family ticket price is for 4 people (2 Adults + 2 Children), when adding your ticket price, do ensure your set the Quantity of that ticket to equal 4 as shown, and then set the price which will cover all people. This means that 4 seats will need to be selected or 4 places will be taken away from your original event capacity.
If your tabled ticket price is for 8 people, set the quantity of tickets to 8 and enter the price for buying 8 places at once.
TIP: If you have a family ticket that can cover 4, 5, or 6 people, you are best to set up 3 seperate tickets ie. For a Family of 4, Family of 5, Family of 6 where the Quantity of tickets is 4, 5 or 6 respectively.
Encouraging Larger Groups to Book
If you need flexibility on larger bookings where a minimum purchase number of tickets on your group tickets is required (eg. Your tickets are normally $20 and for groups of 6 or more booking at once can purchase tickets at $15) this is simple via this method.
1. From Pricing Groups and in your existing pricing group, add a new Ticket Type. Maybe calling it Group and in the Description indicate that this rate is for 6 or more people.
2. Set the Quantity on that ticket type to 1.
3. Define the price as the discounted rate per ticket (for 1 tickets at the group rate).
4. Save and Close and now open that ticket up again.
5. Select Limits and set per session time a min of 6 tickets (if they need to purchase 6 or tickets at once).
6. Save and click through on Make a Booking, confirming the min. is working as required.