Practical Considerations for Grievances
for School Leaders
Friday 27th March
Morning Session: 09:30 - 12:00
Afternoon Session: 13:30 - 16:00
*refreshments to be provided
During this session, we will be drawing from our experience of grievances processes, and sharing with you the practical tips we have gathered along the way, on how to approach, investigate and conclude grievances raised by your employees.
The course will explore areas such as:
- How to deal with vexatious or repetitive complaints, or complaints raised by ex-employee
- What to do if two or more employees raise grievances against each other
- Our thoughts on covert recording of meetings
- What to watch out for with Union Representatives - they can often inadvertently let you know their thoughts on the strength of complaints
- Why conspiracy theories can become self-fulfilling prophesies, and
- What options have you got for resolving grievances quickly?
We will provide practical examples of cases we have been involved in to demonstrate proven strategies, and will welcome attendees sharing their 'real-life' experiences as well.
Who is this session for?
The session is suitable for members of the SLT, Governors and/or Bursars and SBMs who are likely to be involved in hearing a Grievance.
0151 638 6283
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.