ASPECTS OF LEADERSHIP - EAST MIDLANDS - TRENT COLLEGE
Tuesday 3rd March 2020
The Elms, Trent College, Long Eaton, Nottingham.
9:15am - 3:10pm
The price of attending this meeting is £35 and includes lunch, refreshments & CPD certificate.
08:50 - 09:15 - Refreshments and welcome from the Head of the Elms
09:15 - 09:20 - Programme for the day. Tom Packer.
9:20am - 10:10 - Creativity & Innovation: Building teams that embrace diversity of thought and deed. Presentation and slides by Dr. Katie Best, delivered by Tom Packer
10:10 - 11:10 - Understanding the role of digital technologies in supporting effective teaching and learning. David Winfield (Founder, Independent Schools Portal & former IAPS North West IT Lead)
• Teachers & technology: Time to get serious. Overview & research evidence
• Technology to support teaching & learning
• Innovation, learning & development
• Assessment, feedback & retrieval
• Considerations when devising & implementing Edtech projects
11:10 - 11:30 - Refreshments
11:35 - 12:55 - NeXworking: Innovation in Education
12:55 - 13:30 - Lunch
13:30 - 15:05 - Mindblowing education technology: A practical session, offering advice and demonstrations from the teaching front line to engage and inspire. Simon Hunt (aka MrHuntFromTheFront & Manchester Evening News Teacher of the Year)
• Skype: Invite the world into your classroom
• Green Screen: Turn your classroom into a Hollywood studio
• App Attack: Apps and websites to spark creativity and enhance teaching and learning
15:05 - 15:10 - Final questions / Next Meeting. Tom Packer
15:15 - Meeting wrap up.
The Elms Junior School, Trent College
Derby Road, Long Eaton, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire NG10 4AD
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available