Resilient & Ready Autumn On Farm Events
This is a special year for LEAF and a significant year for farming. LEAF celebrates its 30th anniversary at a time when British farming enters a new era. The effects of Brexit with new trade deals, changes to support payments coupled with the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic and the ongoing effects of the climate crisis are causing a seismic shift in farming. This feels like 'farming’s time’ - but what long term strategies do we need to be thinking about now to ensure we leave strong, resilient and profitable businesses for generations following behind us.
These on-farm, interactive events will bring together Resilient & Ready farmers, representatives from LEAF and Corteva Agriscience and industry professionals to examine:
- What is farming likely to look like in 30 years time?
- Is this agroecological revolution set to stay?
- What are the industry trends and drivers that will deliver sustainable changes over the long term?
- How do we as farmers tap into emerging opportunities?
- What will be the smart tactics required to keep ahead of the short to medium term game and an eye on the distant horizon?
- Crucially, how do you want to leave your land for generations following on?
These events will help farmers take a step back from the urgent business, political and climate issues of the moment, reflect on what you want to achieve in the long term and identify the best tools, techniques and strategies to future proof your business.
Newseat of Dumbreck
Udny, Ellon, Aberdeenshire