Wild Camping Week Long Retreats
This week, in the wilder parts of the land between 'The Park' , Findhorn Village and the sea, offers an opportunity to explore with other like-minded people how we can turn the challenges in our lives into opportunities for positive change.
The Findhorn Foundation & Eco-community and the surrounding 'Hinterland' are living examples of reasons for hope when outer circumstances can seem quite dire. And just as our connection with the intelligence in Nature produced the near miraculous , famous results in the Findhorn-Gardens, we are still drawing inspiration from Nature's ability to heal itself - and our ability to make a positive difference through our willingness to cooperate with the spirit in Nature.
This week will be conducted mostly in the semi-wild outdoors around 'The Park', it's woodlands, heathlands and dunes. It is a summer ‘wild’ camping retreat: accommodation will be in your own tent on our designated woodland camping pads. Basic facilities of a compost toilet, running water, a sheltered space for gatherings and a central fire will be provided.
We will reflect in small groups on our experience of the challenges of life and will explore ways to turn these challenges into opportunities - with Nature as our guide. There will be an emphasis on using all of our senses to deepen our communication, our communion, our sense of community with all that is alive.
The facilitators for the week will include long term community resident, retreat leader and Findhorn Hinterland Trust Land Manager, Kajedo Wanderer with presentations from Alan Watson Featherstone, Trees for Life award winning Scottish environmental charity founder and Jonathan Caddy, ecologist, son of the community founders and present Chair of the FHT.
- Seven nights camping in individual tents on our 'wild camping pads'
- Simple meals alfesco around the fire
- Guided tours on the land around Findhorn
- Quiet time to sit alone in the wilder parts of the land and listen…
- Sharing circles in small groups and with the full circle
- Reflect on yourself and your retreat expectations by providing a letter of introduction
- Come equipped for the Scottish climate
- Bring your own camping equipment
- Be prepared for a week of simple living
- Bring your openness to 'listen deeply'
Price: £395 - £450 - £495 (sliding scale)
The Park Eco-Community Findhorn
The Park, Findhorn, Forres, Moray IV36 3TD