Carbon Literacy Action Day - Kent Local Councils
AboutOn the 4th of December 2023, to coincide with the UN COP28 Climate Negotiations, the biggest ever Carbon Literacy climate training event will be happening, and you can be a part of it!
Climate Guide is working with the Kent Association of Local Councils to deliver an online event for up to 100 parish representatives from across the county.
The accredited training course, which leads to certification for all learners as ‘Carbon Literate’, will cover the following topics:
• Climate science overview with peer reviewed data
• Understanding climate impacts globally, nationally and on Kent
• Action Planning approaches and the role of local councils in tackling the climate emergency
• Tailoring a climate communications campaign that accounts for the different kinds of people in your community
• Understanding Carbon Footprints at the parish and community scale.
We'll finish with completing certification forms & developing asks for Kent's local MPs.
Online event access details will be provided by the event organiser