Virtual Walk With Lancashire Women
COULD YOU WALK WITH LANCASHIRE WOMEN TO ACHIEVE YOUR MILES OVER 40 DAYS?
Stay active, keep fit and healthy while staying at home and completing this ambitious but rewarding challenge.We are suggesting walking 1 mile a day but you choose an amount right for you, 40, 400, or 4000 miles, whatever you choose, it will be a great achievement.
You can complete this challenge on your own or use it as an opportunity to stay virtually connecting with family, friends and colleagues. We know these are worrying times for everyone and we hope this walking challenge will become a welcome part of your daily routine and provide you with the opportunity to get out in the fresh air and exercise, also supporting Lancashire Women by raising sponsorship money as you go.
40 Days, Your Way
Once you have decided how many miles you are going to attempt, work out how you are going to do it, even if you are unable to get out of the house you can still acheive this, walk round your garden, do laps around your house, use a treadmill, walk up and down the stairs just keep moving, lessen your goal and achieve what you can.
Get your family and freinds involved, virtually, have a online challenge, join each other for a treadmill session, film your walk and post to get others motivated to challenge you. The online opportunities are endless, be creative.
- Get together on WhatsApp, Zoom, Skype or a Game Console to complete a group challenge
- Stairs can be turned into a home stepping work-out
- Get inventive in the garden – kids, adults and the pets will join in
- Join an online fitness class to increase your steps if you can't fit a walk in - Lancashire Women will have some of these coming soon!
- Keep track of your steps via a Fitbit, Watch or by downloading an App on your phone
Free to register
As this event is free to register we are asking you to raise a minimum fundraising donation of £25 which will go towards our continuous support of women in Lancashire. The official start date is 24th May 2020, however if you are itching to get started you can start your challenge today. Once you are registered we will support you with ideas on how to reach you daily goal and maximise your fundraising.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- A downloadable welcome pack including your own record card and fundraising ideas
- Regular enewsletters with lots of fundraising tips
- Ongoing support from our Fundraising lead
Share your miles
It will be great for us to see how you are getting on so share you miles with us, take photographs, videos and upload them to social media tagging us @LancashireWomen and using our #VirtualWalkWith
Understanding the current times
We are aware of the extraordinary times we are all living and therefore ask all participants to take into consideration the government guidelines on social distancing, and also your own health and wellbeing when taking in part in this challenge.