Along with author talks, panel discussions and literary luncheons, festival-goers can discover the largest collection of rare, out-of-print and collectable books in Australia, go inside heritage buildings, listen to live music, watch street performers, take a horse and cart ride, try their hand in a scrabble tournament and immerse themselves in the State Library of Victoria’s exhibition curated specifically for the Festival, which includes one of Samuel Johnson’s original dictionaries.
There’s also the Magazine In A Weekend program, which includes writing, editing and design workshops and culminates in the launch of an online magazine. Offering their insights are the people behind literary magazines The Lifted Brow, Kill Your Darlings, Voiceworks, PEN Melbourne and The Big Issue Magazine.
Entry to the Festival
- $10 for adults
- $5 for secondary school students (aged 12 to 18)
- FREE for children under 12 years
- FREE for 3370 residents
This gives access to:
- A number of selected author talks, including the Hon. Tim Fischer AC, Jock Serong, Mark Smith, Libby Angel and Annie Raser-Rowland
- All booksellers, food stalls, live music, entertainment and experiences, including buskers, horse and cart rides, cartoon portraits and circus workshops and the Kids Festival area
- Our new Magazine In A Weekend program, with a series of “flash” workshops for emerging writers
- The Wesley College Bluestone church, which will host the State Library of Victoria’s exhibition curated specifically for the Festival, including one of Samuel Johnson’s original dictionaries. Plus a collection of the best rare, antiquarian and art booksellers in Victoria and a series of Scrabble games hosted by the Ballarat and Victorian Scrabble Associations.
- Many of Clunes’ heritage buildings, not generally open to public access
- And supports our events program across the whole year, such as our FREE Booktown on Sunday author talks run on the third Sunday of each month, at 2pm at The Warehouse, Clunes.
This year, we will be ticketing some author talks - all held in the Town Hall:
- $10 for adults
- $5 for students and children (unless sitting on a lap, in which case they are free).
We are also offering multiple sessions with many of our authors across the weekend, which can be pre-booked here, until booked out.
Join our Facebook event to be alerted when tickets for each author talk goes live.
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available