20th Australian Combined Schools Music Festival Concert
The Australian Combined Schools Music Festival brings together some of the finest student musicians from around the nation to perform together under the guidance of outstanding national and international conductors. The biennial festival is hosted by different Schools around Australia, and in 2017 will be held by Canberra Grammar School in the heart of Australia’s National Capital. The four days of the festival (14 – 17 June 2017) will culminate in a gala concert in the Great Hall of Parliament House featuring impressive instrumental, choral and combined repertoire.
The ACSMF Concert is now sold out. Unfortunatley no tickets will be available at the door on Saturday night. If you were hoping to hear some of the music however were not able to get a ticket, rehearsals will take place in the Great Hall between 9am - 1pm tomorrow (Saturday 17 June). Public will be welcome to sit at the back of the Hall to listen. Unfortunatley we cannot provide timings or a schedule for the rehearsal.
Saturday 17 June 2017
5:45pm - Security access opens for general admission ticketed concert patrons
5:50pm - Great Hall will open to guests
6:30pm - Concert will commence
(Please arrive promptly as a lock out period may apply after this time)
The Great Hall, Parliament House
Parliament Drive, Canberra
$25.00 - General Admission (non-allocated seating)
$20.00 - CGS staff
Important Information - plan your trip:
- The concert will have a run time of approximately 2 hours (there will be no interval)
- Please allow plenty of time to park; in addition allow a minimum of 15-20 minutes to pass through Parliament House security prior to the concert.
- Patrons will not be able to enter Parliament House without proof of ticket purchase - remember to bring your ticket!
- Tickets MUST be puchased in advance - no ticket sales will be available at the door.
- All patrons will be subject to security checking by parliamentary staff
Limited underground parking is available at Parliament House. Additional parking is available on Federation Mall or at Old Parliament House.
Seating for the Cafe is now booked out. They will not be accepting any further bookings prior to or on the night.
The Queen's Terrace Cafe at Parliament House will be offering a limited dinner menu prior to the concert, featuring locally produced and sourced products.
Bookings are essential. To make a reservation, please call (02) 6277 5239.
CGS Music Department
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available