Rocketing Girls Into Robotics!
Project Bucephalus is proud to present Rocketing Girls Into Robotics: an after-school robotics workshop for female students of the Illawarra!
Since 2011, Project Bucephalus has run workshops designed to encourage children’s interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM). With funding from the Commonwealth Department of Industry and Innovation and a partnership with the Rotary Club of Corrimal, these workshops just got bigger!
The RGIR program will run in one of three formats:
- Weekly after-school classes during a Term.
- A series of day-long weekend workshop during a Term.
- Participation in the FIRST LEGO League (FLL) in weekly after-school classes over two terms.
Eligible girls can apply to attend a Term's program free of charge. The program will cater to skill levels from beginner to experienced. All equipment will be supplied.
In Terms 3 and 4 of 2019 the RGIR curriculum will feature participation in the FIRST LEGO League (FLL), an international science and robotics competition for children. Working in teams, students are challenged to design, build, and program LEGO MINDSTORMS robots, conduct original research into real-world problems, and adhere to Core Values that include teamwork and good sportmanship. This work will culminate with participation in an FLL tournament, involving teams from around NSW. See the video below for more information:
Spaces are limited, and registration is essential.
- The program is open to female students in the Illawarra aged 9-16 in 2019.
- Ideally, students should be nominated by their school. However, individual applications will also be considered.
- Applications can be made by clicking on the "Book Now" button on this page.
- Students will be notified if their application is successful.
Visit our Learn Robotics page for further details of the workshops.
Term 3-4: after-school classes on Friday afternoons, 3:45 - 5:45 pm
|Term 3||Term 4|
|First Class:||2nd Aug||18th Oct|
|Last Class:||27th Sept||6th Dec|
Mt St Thomas Public School
Taronga Ave, Wollongong, NSW 2500
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available